- Guilford Technical Community College serves 14,940 students (61% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Guilford Technical Community College is one of 2 community colleges within Guilford County, NC.
- The nearest community college is Davidson County Community College (18.7 miles away).
Guilford Technical Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|539 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||14,940 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:28||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||9,124 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,816 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- GTCC is an accredited two-year community college. It opened in 1958 with 50 students and two classes as the Guilford Industrial Education Center on the site of the Guilford County Tuberculosis Sanatorium, which operated from 1924 to 1955. Guilford Industrial Education Center's Board of Trustees was established on September 3, 1963. In 1965, when the school became Guilford Technical Institute (GTI), four members were added to the Board of Trustees. That same year, GTI was given authority to grant associate degrees.
- Campus locations can be found in Jamestown, Greensboro, High Point, the Aviation Center at the Piedmont Triad International Airport, and the Small Business Center.
- GTCC offers certificates, one-year and two-year career-related programs, a two-year college transfer program, personal enrichment courses, a variety of adult education opportunities and training for business and industry.
- GTCC has given students a great start. Its affordable tuition, small class sizes, highly qualified faculty, personal attention, great job placement rate, convenient class times and locations, beautiful campuses, and wide variety of student services, combine to make the Guilford Tech experience one that works for students.
- Guilford Technical Community College is also accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Aviation College and Degree Programs
9 months ago
Dr. Randy Parker at Triad Today | Mission Statement
10 months ago
Dr. Randy Parker At Triad Today | Corporate Partner
11 months ago
Related School News:
- GTCC gets lead role in jobs program - High Point Enterprise
posted on December 26, 2012 at 01:00:58 am
GTCC gets lead role in jobs programHigh Point EnterpriseGuilford Technical Community College will be a lead partner in a regional consortium of ...
- Retiring SPSCC president leaves a legacy of expansion, visibility - The Olympian
posted on December 20, 2012 at 12:12:50 am
Retiring SPSCC president leaves a legacy of expansion, visibilityThe OlympianBefore coming to Washington, Pumphrey spent six years at Guilford Technical Community ...
- Community College projects - Business Journal of the Greater Triad Area
posted on December 17, 2012 at 07:33:51 pm
Community College projectsBusiness Journal of the Greater Triad AreaAviation classroom building, Guilford Technical Community College A 41,000-square-foot ...