- Coastal Carolina Community College serves 5,068 students (47% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Coastal Carolina Community College is the only community colleges within Onslow County, NC.
Coastal Carolina Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|264 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,068 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:19||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,392 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,676 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- In the fall of 1963, the Onslow County Board of Education and the Superintendent of Schools, Mr. J. Paul Tyndall, asked the Onslow County Commissioners to purchase 40 acres of property on U.S. Highway 17 for the establishment of an industrial education center. The newly established Onslow Industrial Education Center was a unit of the Lenior County Technical Institute. In 1972, with the dedication of the Hugh A. Ragsdale Building, the Board of Trustees started the relocation of the college to a new campus on Western Boulevard. For several years thereafter, the college operated on a split-campus until relocation was completed in 1978.
- Located in Jacksonville, North Carolina, home to Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune and Marine Corps Air Station, New River, Coastal recognizes that we serve two very distinct communities - a proud military community, rich with tradition and reverence for our American heritage, and an equally proud civilian community, who remain steadfast and solid amidst constant change.
- Coastal Carolina Community College provides Associate Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates, Lifelong Learning, Workforce Development, Personal and Cultural Enrichment, Customized Training, Comprehensive Student Support, Developmental Education and Adult Basic Skills, an aggressive Program of Economic Development and accessible education including Distance Learning.
- Coastal Carolina Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
Related School Videos:
Chapter 01 Lecture.avi
3 months ago
Sultana by John Mackey
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Youth Council to hold a week of teen activities - Jacksonville Daily News
posted on March 31, 2013 at 04:51:17 am
Youth Council to hold a week of teen activitiesJacksonville Daily NewsThe college preparation workshop will take place at the Youth Center located at 804 New ...
- Onslow Extension campus gives on-site college admission - UNCW Seahawk
posted on March 20, 2013 at 09:01:51 pm
Onslow Extension campus gives on-site college admissionUNCW SeahawkThe open house was held in the morning at the John A. Lejeune Education Center on Camp ...
- Brrrberry Frozen Yogurt opens
posted on July 18, 2011 at 10:08:40 pm
Jacksonville has a new yogurt shop. Brrberry, a self-serve frozen yogurt shop, is open at 409 Western Blvd., Suite 900, ...