- Bakersfield College serves 18,303 students (34% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 52:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 63% of the student body.
- Bakersfield College is one of 6 community colleges within Kern County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Santa Barbara Business College (Bakersfield) (6.0 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|351 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||18,303 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:52||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||6,147 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||12,156 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||2%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Bakersfield College provides the quality instruction and services our diverse community needs in order to achieve personal, academic and occupational success.
- Bakersfield College operates seven child development centers that are funded by the California State Department of Education. The services provided through these centers include child care for infants, toddlers, and preschool age children. An inclusion program for young children with special needs is also provided.
- EOPS is a state-funded program that serves students from low-income, educationally disadvantaged backgrounds. Services include academic, career, and personal counseling, peer mentoring, financial aid advising, scholarship information, transfer assistance, grant checks and other support services.
- The ESL tutoring Program provides tutoring sessions for both International/foreign students, and students whose first language is not English. Students benefit from this service by improving their language and reading skills and therefore improving their successful completion of course work.
Related School Videos:
Bakersfield College Drumline "Infected"
10 months ago
Related School News:
- Varner winning wrestling gold is top local sports story of 2012 - Bakersfield Californian
posted on December 26, 2012 at 07:26:12 am
Varner winning wrestling gold is top local sports story of 2012Bakersfield CalifornianThe Bakersfield College Renegades nearly filled spacious Memorial Stadium once ...
- Ferguson signs with Penn St. - Bakersfield Californian
posted on December 20, 2012 at 02:21:44 am
PennLive.comFerguson signs with Penn St.Bakersfield CalifornianThat's also the case for another local junior-college success story, former Bakersfield High and Bakersfield College quarterback Brian Burrell. He said Wednesday afternoon he planned to fax his letter of intent to ...
- Fresno State adds Bakersfield College pair - ESPN (blog)
posted on December 18, 2012 at 04:33:53 pm
Fresno State adds Bakersfield College pairESPN (blog)College quarterback Brian Burrell and one of his primary targets, tight end Mike Dunn, have committed to sign with Fresno State, the Bakersfield ...
1061 students | 6.0 mi. away
1336 students | 6.3 mi. away
706 students | 6.3 mi. away