- Maria College of Albany serves 862 students (27% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Maria College of Albany is one of 6 community colleges within Albany County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Bryant and Stratton College-Albany (2.8 miles away).
Maria College of Albany
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|52 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||862 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:17||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||236 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||626 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||410-520||410-520|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||360-470||410-530|
- In the years since its founding in 1958 by the Sisters of Mercy, the communities of the Capital Region have come to depend upon Maria College and the skills and services of its graduates. The College annually serves nearly 1000 students in Day, Evening, and Weekend College divisions, permitting it to maintain a 14:1 student/faculty ratio in non-lecture instructional settings.
- In the 45 years since its founding by the Sisters of Mercy, Maria College has become a respected educational resource in the Capital District. While emphasizing traditional classroom and laboratory instruction, it has also been a pioneer in the design of unique degree programs and the development of flexible scheduling options, so that even the non-traditional student - so often excluded from the attainment of educational goals by age, family responsibilities, or work schedules - has come to depend upon the availability of a Maria education.
- The campus encompasses three buildings housing its educational facilities: the Administration/Classroom Building, containing a working library and Media Center with the latest computer technology; a Campus Preschool and Kindergarten, serving as a model teaching laboratory for students in Early Childhood Education; and historic Marian Hall, renovated as a premier clinical teaching facility for its degree programs in the health care field.
- Maria College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.