- Dutchess Community College serves 10,323 students (53% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 41:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body.
- Dutchess Community College is the only community colleges within Dutchess County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Ulster County Community College (14.6 miles away).
Dutchess Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|251 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,323 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:41||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||5,458 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,865 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Founded in 1957, DCC has the lowest tuition of any college or university in the state. The college offers Associate's degrees and Certificates in over 60 academic areas of study. Our curriculums include career-oriented programs as well as those designed for successful transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Dutchess Community College is situated on a 130-acre hilltop campus with fantastic scenery and a park-like setting. Graced with lovely buildings and facilities, the campus is also enhanced by beautiful landscaping and a broad array of sculptures and other art. On fair-weather days, many of the College's 8,000 students can be seen strolling along the walkways or studying in one of the many attractive outdoor settings.
- Class sizes at Dutchess are small, with the average class size being less than 20 students. Dutchess was the first college in the state to offer a comprehensive jointly-registered transfer program in teacher education (with SUNY New Paltz), covering birth through twelfth grade.
- The college is accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Dutchess Community College Jingle
6 months ago
Dutchess Community College
4 years ago
Acoustic at Dutchess Community College
1 month ago
Related School News:
- Good Life: Positive achievements by mid-Hudson Valley residents for Dec. 27 - Poughkeepsie Journal
posted on December 27, 2012 at 09:22:34 am
Good Life: Positive achievements by mid-Hudson Valley residents for Dec. 27Poughkeepsie JournalFundraising professionals honored on National Philanthropy Day were, from ...
- UCCC, Columbia-Greene Community College consider dorms - Kingston Daily Freeman
posted on December 20, 2012 at 03:02:02 am
UCCC, Columbia-Greene Community College consider dormsKingston Daily FreemanKatt said he's paid close attention to the recent opening of a dormitory at Dutchess ...
- DCC tuition holds at lowest-in-state level
posted on July 13, 2011 at 07:09:06 am
POUGHKEEPSIE — The Dutchess County Legislature has approved a $10.8 million ...