- CUNY LaGuardia Community College serves 17,750 students (56% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 30:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College is one of 7 community colleges within Queens County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Tri-State College Of Acupuncture (3.5 miles away).
CUNY LaGuardia Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|598 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||17,750 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:30||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||9,965 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,785 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Founded in 1971 as part of the City University of New York, LaGuardia Community College is nationally acclaimed for its commitment in preparing students to become full participants in the economic and civic life of the city, nation and world, via its tradition of academic excellence and innovative real world applications of classroom learning.
- 31 Majors, 3 Certificates plus an Honors Program for highly motivated students. In 2003, LaGuardia was 1 of 13 colleges nationally to be chosen by the Policy Center on the First College Year as an Institution of Excellence, along side West Point, Purdue University in Indiana and Texas A&M. Only 2 community colleges received this honor. We also have student exchange and transfer programs with Columbia University, Barnard and Vassar Colleges.
- Annual enrollment is approx. 13,000 students. LaGuardia students come from the United States and more than 160 countries. Our students have high educational goals: 34% plan on earning a Bachelor's degree; an additional 45% plan on earning a Master's degree. Most students have part-time or fulltime jobs during at least part of their matriculation.
150 students | 3.5 mi. away
9189 students | 6.7 mi. away
13424 students | 12.6 mi. away
17198 students | 16.5 mi. away
2729 students | 17.0 mi. away