- CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College serves 22,580 students (66% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 30:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College is one of 19 community colleges within New York County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Tri-State College Of Acupuncture (0.4 miles away).
CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|760 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||22,580 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:30||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||15,009 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,571 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Borough of Manhattan Community College was founded in 1963 and opened in 1964 as a small, primarily business-oriented community college offering programs aimed at the business community. Originally located in two floors of a commercial building in midtown Manhattan, the college focused on preparing students for business careers and on providing a liberal arts education to students who wished to transfer to four-year colleges. The college also created on-site training and management development courses for mid-level employees. BMCC continuously modified its in-house and on-site programs.
- BMCC is one of the nation's leading community colleges. Located in the heart of an exciting and vibrant city, BMCC reflects the best of downtown Manhattan: the culture of Tribeca, the vibrancy of Wall Street, and the promise of the Statue of Liberty. BMCC enrolls approximately 18,000 students in degree-programs and 6,000 more in continuing education programs.
- The campus, situated on 4.28 acres, became occupied in January 1983. In addition to the 71 classrooms, eight seminar rooms, numerous laboratories and three lecture halls, the campus library is equipped with 550 study carrels that permit use of audio/video cassettes. The campus features a 913-seat auditorium, a 262-seat theater and a 99-seat drama workshop. There is an intercollegiate-size swimming pool and gymnasium which can be divided into three regulation basketball courts.
- BMCC offers courses uptown as well. Uptown courses are held at two locations. You can choose to take classes at either our Harlem or Inwood/ Washington Heights locations.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Collegiate Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association, NCAA/NAIA Basketball, NCAA/NAIA Baseball
150 students | 0.4 mi. away
9189 students | 2.8 mi. away
13424 students | 8.7 mi. away
2729 students | 15.6 mi. away
17198 students | 16.6 mi. away