- San Juan College serves 9,260 students (34% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 39:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 46% of the student body.
- San Juan College is the only community colleges within San Juan County, NM.
San Juan College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|240 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,260 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:39||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,119 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,141 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||29%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- San Juan College was founded in 1956 as the Farmington Branch of the New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanical Arts, in accordance with statutes of the State of New Mexico. All classes were initially taught by part-time instructors during evening hours in facilities at Farmington High School. In 1958, the name was changed from Farmington Branch to San Juan Branch, NMSU. This name better indicated the area served by the branch.
- San Juan College celebrates diversity through special academic and cultural activities which enhance the community college experience. A wide range of educational opportunities is provided including academic transfer degrees, technical-occupational programs, general education classes, and non-credit offerings. Fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, San Juan College is a participant in the Academic Quality Improvement Project which is focused on quality principles. As the recipient of the state of New Mexico's highest quality award, San Juan College continues to emphasize improvement in all aspects of the institution. San Juan College offers a world of educational opportunities for everyone.
- The college is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Related School Videos:
Men's Grass @ San Juan College Powwow
8 months ago
Related School News:
- San Juan College School of Energy receives $1M donation from Merrion Oil and ... - Farmington Daily Times
posted on December 21, 2012 at 08:11:59 am
San Juan College School of Energy receives $1M donation from Merrion Oil and ...Farmington Daily TimesThe School of Energy's new facility will provide San Juan College with the ...
- Film Biz Town Hall in Farmington Today
posted on April 24, 2012 at 08:25:00 am
The New Mexico Film Office is holding a Film Industry Town Hall at 5:30 p.m. today at San Juan ...
- School away from school
posted on July 13, 2011 at 07:06:41 am
FARMINGTON — Becoming a Jedi, learning dentistry, cooking herbs and building rockets may not sound like ...