- Passaic County Community College serves 9,594 students (32% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 37:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 86% of the student body.
- Passaic County Community College is one of 2 community colleges within Passaic County, NJ.
- The nearest community college is Berkeley College (West Paterson) (1.4 miles away).
Passaic County Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|260 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,594 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:37||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,116 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,478 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Passaic County Community College is a publicly supported two-year college offering associate in arts and associate in science degree programs that lead to transfer to four-year colleges. Offering associate in applied science degrees and certificates in career specializations, the College provides more than forty degree and certificate programs to over 7,000 students. Student activities, cultural programming, and intercollegiate athletics provide students with a variety of extracurricular experiences.
- PCCC's main campus is located in the lower portion of Passaic County, New Jersey, in the heart of one of the nation's historic industrial cities, Paterson. The campus serves an extremely diverse population. The central campus buildings include Academic Hall, Founders' Hall, Hamilton Hall, and the newly refurbished Hamilton Club building. Academic Hall contains classrooms, computer and science laboratories, and the Academic Resource Center; it is connected to Founders' Hall by a passageway that crosses over College Boulevard. Founders' Hall contains many administrative offices, gymnasium, and theater.
- The College has recently added a child-care center, expanded its library facilities, electronic and multimedia classrooms greatly enhanced our Paterson campus. The historic “Hamilton Club” building is newly renovated for use as a conference center, and the Wanaque Academic Center provides an outstanding setting for the delivery of academic programs. PCCC is now one of the most technologically advanced campuses in the region.
- Today, PCCC enrolls over 7000 students a year in over 40 associate degree, certificate, and diploma programs plus an extensive program of English as a Second Language, continuing education, and customized training. At PCCC, you will enter a learning environment that is intimate and nurturing, where small class size encourages meaningful dialogue with instructors and where friendships develop and grow.
- The college is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association, NCAA/NAIA Basketball
Related School Videos:
passaic county community college video
5 years ago
VPC Shorts: College Experience
9 months ago
Passaic County Christian Center w/ Pearl Ramos
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- District swears-in new board members - NorthJersey.com
posted on January 11, 2013 at 06:16:52 am
District swears-in new board membersNorthJersey.comHe has worked as a network engineer at St. Mary's Hospital in Passaic since 2000 and is currently ...
- SHU alum donates poetry collection to Walsh Library - Setonian
posted on January 7, 2013 at 11:52:30 pm
SHU alum donates poetry collection to Walsh LibrarySetonianGillan said she attended Seton Hall University as an English major, and eventually went on to ...
- New Hawthorne police chief named, current one not ready to retire yet - NorthJersey.com
posted on January 7, 2013 at 08:26:30 pm
New Hawthorne police chief named, current one not ready to retire yetNorthJersey.comMcAuliffe has been a member of the Hawthorne Fire Department since 1983 and the ...
2729 students | 1.4 mi. away
17198 students | 4.8 mi. away
13424 students | 12.5 mi. away
9189 students | 14.2 mi. away
150 students | 15.3 mi. away