- Middlesex County College serves 12,741 students (54% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 37:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 63% of the student body.
- Middlesex County College is one of 2 community colleges within Middlesex County, NJ.
- The nearest community college is DeVry University-New Jersey (8.7 miles away).
Watch School Video:
Middlesex County College
Community College Avg.
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|347 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||12,741 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:37||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||6,881 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,860 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Founded in 1964 by the Middlesex County Board of Freeholders, the College now enrolls approximately 13,000 students.
- The campus population is diverse, with students from 64 different countries in attendance, 37% White, 25% Hispanic, 14% Asian/Pacific Islander, 11% Black.
- Degrees conferred include the Associate in Arts, Associate in Fine Arts, Associate in Science and the Associate in Applied Science. The College offers more than 700 courses in 100 different degree and certificate programs with many specially designed transfer programs.
- The College campus covers 200 acres with 25 buildings including state-of-the-art classrooms and laboratories, a fully-equipped Recreation Center and a 440-seat Performing Arts Center. The College has centers in New Brunswick and Perth Amboy.
- 60 percent of the College's graduates pursue additional higher education. Almost 100 percent of students transfer successfully. Articulation agreements with many different colleges and universities ease transfer.
- The College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and for specific programs: the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, the American Dental Association, the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, the American Medical Association Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation, the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences, the National League for Nursing Accreditation and the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
1 year ago.
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- MCC to Host Careers in Marketing Seminar - Patch.com
posted on January 25, 2013 at 11:12:54 am
MCC to Host Careers in Marketing SeminarPatch.comThe seminar will take place at the College Center at Middlesex County College's Edison Campus. It is ...
- Shared services in Middlesex County: Top cop appointed at college - The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
posted on January 20, 2013 at 02:12:34 pm
Shared services in Middlesex County: Top cop appointed at collegeThe Star-Ledger - NJ.comEDISON ? Middlesex County College has hired from within, and won't be on the hook for ...
- Middlesex County College Appoints Interim Police Director - NJ TODAY
posted on January 17, 2013 at 04:10:04 pm
NJ TODAYMiddlesex County College Appoints Interim Police DirectorNJ TODAYEDISON ? Andrea Craparotta, acting captain with the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office, ...
1713 students | 8.7 mi. away
15783 students | 17.8 mi. away
50 students | 20.9 mi. away
150 students | 23.9 mi. away