- Mercer County Community College serves 9,697 students (42% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 34:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 48% of the student body.
- Mercer County Community College is the only community colleges within Mercer County, NJ.
- The nearest community college is Bucks County Community College (16.1 miles away).
Mercer County Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|287 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,697 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:34||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||4,091 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,606 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Established in 1966, Mercer County Community College (MCCC) is a publicly supported comprehensive educational institution that provides opportunities for higher education through an open-door admission policy.
- The scenic 292-acre West Windsor Campus was opened in 1971 to serve the needs of Mercer County residents. The newly-expanded James Kerney Campus, located in downtown Trenton, serves as an educational and cultural hub for city residents.
- MCCC offers 65 associate degree programs and numerous credit and noncredit certificate programs. MCCC degrees and courses transfer to numerous senior colleges through transfer agreements. Students can also enroll in a dual admissions program, which guarantees transfer into the junior year at six New Jersey colleges — Rutgers, Rider, The College of New Jersey, Montclair, NJIT and Thomas Edison.
- Mercer County Community College has enjoyed four decades of excellence in two-year college athletics. Mercer offers intercollegiate competition in men's and women's soccer, basketball, and tennis; men's baseball and women's softball. Some sports offer scholarship opportunities for entering student athletes.
- The college is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and is authorized by the State of New Jersey's Commission on Higher Education to award associate degrees. Many of the college's academic programs are also accredited by national professional associations and their boards of certification.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Call Me Maybe - Mercer County Community College
4 months ago
Inside Mercer County Community College basketball.
6 months ago
Related School News:
- Invitational and Appreciation Night set for the weekend - Warwick Beacon
posted on January 10, 2013 at 06:08:47 pm
Warwick BeaconInvitational and Appreciation Night set for the weekendWarwick BeaconThe CCRI Knights men's basketball team hosted the Vikings of Mercer County ...
- Holocaust Film Screening Jan. 31 - The Central Jersey Sun
posted on January 9, 2013 at 12:51:13 am
Holocaust Film Screening Jan. 31The Central Jersey SunThe center is located on the West Windsor campus of Mercer County Community College, 1200 Old ...
- Summer Camp Open House Jan. 27 - The Central Jersey Sun
posted on January 9, 2013 at 12:50:28 am
The Central Jersey SunSummer Camp Open House Jan. 27The Central Jersey SunMercer County Community College invites families to a Summer Camps Open House on ...
11274 students | 16.1 mi. away
1713 students | 18.3 mi. away
10091 students | 19.7 mi. away
773 students | 20.0 mi. away