- Berkeley College (West Paterson) serves 2,729 students.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Berkeley College (West Paterson) is one of 2 community colleges within Passaic County, NJ.
- The nearest community college is Bergen Community College (6.2 miles away).
Berkeley College (West Paterson)
Community College Avg.
|Title IV Eligible||Yes||YES|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Enrollment||2,729 students||1,418 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||127||254|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||95%||91%|
- Established in 1931, Berkeley College is a coeducational college specializing in business. With six locations in New York and New Jersey, USA, and students from 29 states and 88 foreign countries, Berkeley is widely recognized for its academic excellence.
- From the initial class of 50 students to the current combined student body of more than 5,000, growth continues at Berkeley College. Today, Berkeley College is convenient and accessible at six locations in New York and New Jersey, and plans to welcome incoming students to its newest campus in Newark, NJ in 2006. Additionally, Berkeley College's unique online learning program continues to expand as a popular alternative to the traditional classroom learning environment.
- The Garret Mountain campus in the West Paterson–Little Falls area of New Jersey occupies a lush, green setting atop Garret Mountain. With an idyllic view of a reservoir and surrounding suburbs, more than 1,200 day and evening students enjoy studying and relaxing on the beautiful grounds when classes are not in session.
- The main academic building is a modern, three-wing brick structure, which accommodates faculty and administrative offices; a library; attractively furnished, air-conditioned classrooms; as well as three computer classrooms with 80 computers. Adjacent to the Academic Center is a multi-level building which contains general purpose and computer classrooms and labs with more than 80 additional computers.
- Through Berkeley's recreational programs, students are able to participate in intramural and intercollegiate sports including basketball, soccer, volleyball, and softball, as well as participate in a variety of extra-curricular activities.
17198 students | 6.2 mi. away
427 students | 9.0 mi. away
13424 students | 11.3 mi. away
9189 students | 13.4 mi. away
150 students | 16.0 mi. away