- Century Community and Technical College serves 10,898 students (46% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 41:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Century Community and Technical College is one of 5 community colleges within Ramsey County, MN.
- The nearest community college is Globe University (6.9 miles away).
Century Community and Technical College
Community College Avg.
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|266 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,898 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:41||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||5,031 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,867 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
Century is a comprehensive, two-year public college that was created in 1996 when the former Lakewood Community College consolidated with Northeast Metro Technical College. A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, Century is located in White Bear Lake, Minnesota, on a 170-acre campus that includes a wildlife refuge.
- Century College is the largest two-year college in the state, serving about 12,000 students per year. Century's enrollment has grown 44 percent over the last four years.
- Century students earn college credit leading to an associate degree that provides a seamless transfer to four-year Minnesota colleges and universities. Or they enroll in career and technical programs in areas such as computer and information technology, nursing, dental hygiene, emergency medicine, business, automotive technology and heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology.
- Century has a large English-As-A-Second-Language department that serves students from 44 different countries. A new campus Multicultural Center offers students a central location where they can have their questions answered and establish a social network.
- Century provides a wide variety of cultural events including concerts, theatrical productions and art shows that are attended by community members. Hundreds of area students from local schools attend Century's award-winning summer academic program called “Kaleidescope.”
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
1407 students | 6.9 mi. away
228 students | 18.3 mi. away
9424 students | 19.9 mi. away
3154 students | 21.3 mi. away
2275 students | 24.4 mi. away