- Dunwoody College of Technology serves 1,409 students (79% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 25% of the student body.
- Dunwoody College of Technology is one of 16 community colleges within Hennepin County, MN.
- The nearest community college is Academy College (7.9 miles away).
Dunwoody College of Technology
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|107 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,409 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:13||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,112 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||297 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||2%||1%|
|% Two or more races||3%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Founded in 1914, Dunwoody is a technical institution of higher education teaching men and women through hands-on learning. Dunwoody offers an intense, structured approach to education that facilitates individual learning and development. Programs are job-oriented and the learning environment fosters the qualities employers seek: productivity, self-discipline, confidence, teamwork, a positive attitude toward productivity, and an appreciation for a job well done. The integration of the Arts and Sciences is a key component of each program. Dunwoody is committed to excellence in education and believes skill and technical competence must be balanced with a broad academic education to enhance each graduate's success and facilitate life-long learning. Life-long learning skills that go beyond the technical aspects of an occupation are learned in course work that imparts the knowledge, concepts, and attitudes needed to live in a diverse society.
- Quality education requires personal attention, a primary emphasis at Dunwoody. With a small class size, instructors have time to get to know their students and provide individual attention. The relatively small size of the full-time student body provides opportunities for students to be personally involved in their school and encourages them to get to know their classmates. In addition, hands-on classroom/laboratory experiences and both individual and group projects give our students the quality foundation that employers demand.
- Dunwoody's close proximity to industry is a distinct advantage for field trips, part-time jobs, and placement after graduation. Industry representatives for seminars, demonstrations, and industry shows are available within minutes of the school. Nearby are lakes, parks, professional sports, theater, music, hunting, fishing, boating, skiing, fine residential areas, and a mix of friendly, hospitable people.
- The Dunwoody buildings have a gross area in excess of 300,000 square feet devoted to the educational programs and administrative, recreational and support services. Shops and laboratories are furnished with tools and equipment typical of the industries employing Dunwoody graduates.
- Dunwoody is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- AASP-MN Awards $17000 in Student Scholarships - FenderBender
posted on May 6, 2013 at 02:56:59 pm
AASP-MN Awards $17000 in Student ScholarshipsFenderBenderBenjamin Shiek of Dunwoody College of Technology in Minneapolis. ‚Äď Jacob Sik of Hennepin Technical College in ...
- Minnesota manufacturers hopeful but concerned about hiring, health care - Minneapolis Star Tribune
posted on April 18, 2013 at 02:09:19 am
Minneapolis Star TribuneMinnesota manufacturers hopeful but concerned about hiring, health careMinneapolis Star TribuneSeparately, Dunwoody College of Technology, Hennepin Technical College, the ...
- Fridley family firm EJ Ajax is a model for training - Minneapolis Star Tribune
posted on March 31, 2013 at 06:15:13 pm
Minneapolis Star TribuneFridley family firm EJ Ajax is a model for trainingMinneapolis Star TribuneBut with few job prospects, she enrolled in Dunwoody College of Technology's ...
228 students | 7.9 mi. away
9424 students | 14.2 mi. away
1407 students | 17.1 mi. away
2275 students | 17.9 mi. away
3154 students | 19.4 mi. away