- Minnesota West Community and Technical College serves 3,062 students (54% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College is the only community colleges within Yellow Medicine County, MN.
Minnesota West Community and Technical College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|125 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,062 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:24||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,663 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,399 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College is a comprehensive community and technical college with five southwestern Minnesota campuses: Canby, Granite Falls, Jackson, Pipestone, and Worthington. Minnesota West provides students with the opportunity to earn an Associate Degree, Diploma, or Certificate.
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College is a consolidated community/technical college formed on January 1, 1997 when Southwestern Technical College and Worthington Community College merged. The four technical campuses, Canby, Granite Falls, Jackson, and Pipestone began as local area vocational schools in the 1960s. They officially merged to become Southwestern Technical College in 1985.
- The Granite Falls Campus of Minnesota West prides itself on a quality education with accessibility for many different types of students. Our campus meets the needs of the workforce and community by providing many online, technical, and liberal art courses. Whether a student wants to complete a few courses and transfer or earn a degree, the Granite Falls campus has variety of educational options. Minnesota West is a leader in the state and the upper Midwest in Renewable Energy and Computerized Manufacturing.
- Our safe, attractive and friendly city, set in the beautiful Minnesota River Valley, prides itself on a small town atmosphere, friendly residents, and scenic views. While in Granite Falls you will have the opportunity to experience fine shopping and excellent customer service in either our quaint downtown, located on the West bank of the Minnesota River or along Highway 212. Be sure to stop at the Kilowatt Community Center and Prairie's Edge Casino and Resort.
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, which consists of 34 state universities, community and technical colleges. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School News:
- STOP course teaches cops computers - Marshall Independent
posted on March 29, 2013 at 05:20:06 am
STOP course teaches cops computersMarshall IndependentMinnesota West Community and Technical College this week presented two courses on computer ...
- Public input sought on athletic facility master plan - Worthington Daily Globe
posted on March 29, 2013 at 03:48:52 am
Public input sought on athletic facility master planWorthington Daily GlobeThe team ? the City of Worthington, District 518, Minnesota West Community and Technical ...
- No shortage of Dutch treats - Worthington Daily Globe
posted on March 29, 2013 at 01:54:13 am
No shortage of Dutch treatsWorthington Daily GlobeOriginally from Sherburn, Scott met his wife, an Edgerton native and a nurse at the Luverne Sanford ...