- Lake Superior College serves 4,515 students (53% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 33:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Lake Superior College is one of 6 community colleges within Saint Louis County, MN.
- The nearest community college is Duluth Business University (2.9 miles away).
Lake Superior College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|138 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,515 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:33||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,406 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,109 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition Notes||per year based on 15|
- Lake Superior College is a dynamic, comprehensive college serving the needs of a variety of students, one which emphasizes student learning and student service.
- LSC offers extensive pre-baccalaureate majors for students interested in transferring to senior educational institutions as well as over 75 certificate, diploma and degree programs in career/technical fields. Our Continuing Education/Customized Training division collaborates extensively with area businesses and industry to design specialized opportunities for entry-level and advanced education. While typically offered in traditional classroom and lab settings, LSC also offers over 150 courses in an individualized learning format, through interactive television, and through the internet.
- You will find the faculty and staff at Lake Superior College to be friendly, sincere, and helpful. We are student-centered, creative, and dedicated to working with students within dynamic learning environments, and we take pride in our commitment to helping students succeed.
- Approximately 4,500 students attend LSC. We have many local, national, and international students. With the rate of internet classes on the rise, we have many students who are attending LSC from several countries around the world.
Related School Videos:
Health and Science Building: Lake Superior College
10 months ago
Related School News:
- HIRES AND PROMOTIONS - Budgeteer
posted on December 24, 2012 at 06:55:36 am
HIRES AND PROMOTIONSBudgeteerWilmes earned an associate degree from Lake Superior College in Duluth and a bachelor's degree in clinical ...
- Lake Superior College Holiday Concert - Duluth News Tribune
posted on December 9, 2012 at 06:12:48 am
Lake Superior College Holiday ConcertDuluth News TribuneSongs of joy, thanks, and celebration to honor the holiday season will be featured at the free ...
- Battle of the Bots: GRHS team takes first
posted on May 18, 2011 at 05:16:45 pm
From left, Brian Namyst, Cystal Jobe, Nick Langer, and Derek Cramer. The Grand Rapids High School Battle ...