- Muskegon Community College serves 5,311 students (41% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 30:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 40% of the student body.
- Muskegon Community College is one of 2 community colleges within Muskegon County, MI.
- The nearest community college is Baker College of Muskegon (0.2 miles away).
Muskegon Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|178 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,311 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:30||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,198 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,113 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||2%||1%|
|% Two or more races||17%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Muskegon Community College is a publicly supported educational institution currently serving nearly 5,000 students. Created by the Muskegon Board of Education in 1926, and housed in the then-new Muskegon Senior High School, it was one of only five two-year educational institutions in Michigan at that time.
- Community colleges are all about opportunity—to prepare for successful transfer to a four-year college or university—to acquire new or enhanced knowledge and skills that will advance your existing career—to earn a degree or certificate that can qualify you for a well-paying job or promotion—to complement and enrich your lifestyle with new vocational skills. Muskegon Community College, by harnessing the power of modern technology, underscores its commitment to providing West Michigan with an outstanding educational environment.
- Muskegon Community College, designed by Alden B. Dow, features an enclosed court, with Four-Mile Creek flowing under the wings of the building and through the court. The 111-acre campus is made up of the Academic Complex, the Technology Building, the Hendrik Meijer Information Technology Center, the Bartels-Rode Gymnasium, and the Frauenthal Foundation Fine Arts Center.
- Newly opened in January 2006, the Hendrik Meijer Library Information Technology Center offers students and the community the latest in communication capabilities, including wireless Internet access, state-of-the-art library facilities/technologies and classrooms, and an Internet café. The 40,000 square foot facility has three levels overlooking the woods and creek, and offers special services including interlibrary loan, photocopy machines, group study rooms, a quiet reading room, a workstation for visually impaired persons, and both group and individual orientations.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
TJ Grant Muskegon Community College Basketball
3 months ago
Muskegon Community College
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Muskegon Community College golfers drop spot in nationals - MLive.com
posted on May 23, 2013 at 12:52:03 pm
Muskegon Community College golfers drop spot in nationalsMLive.comMUSKEGON, MI â€“ The Muskegon Community College golf team improved its score, but dropped ...
- Muskegon Community College seventh after first round of national golf tourney - Muskegon Chronicle
posted on May 22, 2013 at 02:01:47 pm
Muskegon Community College seventh after first round of national golf tourneyMuskegon ChronicleMUSKEGON, MI â€“ The Muskegon Community College golf team got off to a solid ...
- Muskegon Community College golf team shooting for top-five finish at nationals - MLive.com
posted on May 20, 2013 at 03:35:37 pm
Muskegon Community College golf team shooting for top-five finish at nationalsMLive.comJOHNSON.JPG Caleb Johnson, who qualified for the Michigan Amateur last week, is ...