- Macomb Community College serves 24,468 students (39% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 46:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 16% of the student body.
- Macomb Community College is one of 3 community colleges within Macomb County, MI.
- The nearest community college is Henry Ford Community College (18.1 miles away).
Macomb Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|528 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||24,468 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:46||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||9,583 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||14,885 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Macomb Community College has existed as a learning community since 1954 when classrooms were borrowed and fall enrollment was 84.
- Macomb, the second largest community college in Michigan, offers more of the kinds of programs to prepare people for life and work in the 21st century at many locations throughout Macomb County: Nearly 200 degree and certificate programs; nearly 40 bachelor's completion and master's degree programs at Macomb's University Center; pre-college programs to help high school students plan for their future; customized workforce training; certification and professional education; and community enrichment programs. Whether just starting college, changing career direction or learning just for fun, there's more at Macomb.
- Students enrolled in any one of the Macomb University Center's academic programs have at their disposal the educational and co-curricular resources of both the partner institutions and Macomb Community College. In devising its "best of both worlds" approach, Macomb believes it has created a unique plan for a unique student.
- Macomb Community College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Related School Videos:
Macomb Community College Night Fire Academy 12
16 days ago
Macomb Community College 50th Anniversary Video
17 days ago
Macomb Community College No Show Grading
17 days ago
Related School News:
- County Economic Forecast Jan. 16 - Romeo Observer
posted on January 2, 2013 at 08:14:10 pm
County Economic Forecast Jan. 16Romeo ObserverDr. Jim Jacobs, president of Macomb Community College, will deliver the 2013 Economic Forecast ...
- Comedy about love and marriage at MCPA - Romeo Observer
posted on January 2, 2013 at 08:14:06 pm
Comedy about love and marriage at MCPARomeo ObserverPurchase tickets in person at the Macomb Center box office Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. ...
- Science Olympiad at Stony Creek - Romeo Observer
posted on January 2, 2013 at 08:14:04 pm
Science Olympiad at Stony CreekRomeo ObserverThe impact of glaciations is obvious at Stony Creek. Learn about the impact of glaciations on present-day ...