- Lewis College Of Business serves 67 students.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Lewis College Of Business is one of 6 community colleges within Wayne County, MI.
Lewis College Of Business
Community College Avg.
|Title IV Eligible||Yes||YES|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Enrollment||67 students||1,418 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
- Lewis Business College was founded at the beginning of the Great Depression in 1928 by Violet T. Lewis, a double minority—an African-American female. Dr. Lewis was possessed with the idea of providing education at the post- secondary level in office occupations, for African-American young adults in Indianapolis, Indiana. Due to the segregation laws at that time, the private and public post-secondary schools in Indiana did not accept African-American students.
- During the past 70 years, over 2,500 students have graduated from Lewis College of Business, and close to 27,000 students have attended this institution. Upon graduation, the majority of the alumni immediately enter into the world of work, while others continue their education.
- Lewis College of Business offers educational preparation in Liberal Arts and three career areas: Business Administration, Computer Information Systems and Office Information Systems. The academic programs at Lewis have traditionally combined theoretical and practical methods of instruction.
- The movement for regional accreditation started in 1975, and Lewis College of Business received accreditation from the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA) in 1978 as a junior college. The College's accreditation status was reaffirmed in 1982 and 1987, 1990, 1995 and 2001.
Related School Videos:
Marshall University Lewis College of Business
4 years ago
"We Are Marshall Today" - Dec. 4, 2009
3 years ago
John A. Allison, Chairman of BB&T Corporation
3 years ago