- Lake Michigan College serves 4,752 students (38% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 38:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body.
- Lake Michigan College is the only community colleges within Berrien County, MI.
- The nearest community college is Southwestern Michigan College (18.9 miles away).
Lake Michigan College
Community College Avg.
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|124 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,752 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:38||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,792 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,960 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
Lake Michigan College (LMC), founded in 1946, is a two-year comprehensive community college located in the southwest corner of Michigan. Serving 177,000 residents of Berrien County, Covert Township in Van Buren County, and the South Haven School District, LMC is the region's leader in higher education and serves as a cultural center, regional economic partner, and a leader in diversity and innovation.
- As a multi-campus college, LMC puts student access to programs and services at the forefront with classes offered at four campus locations, at extension centers throughout the service area, online, and through telecourses. In addition to associate degree and certificate programs, LMC offers customized business training and continuing education through its Community and Business Services division.
- The Lake Michigan College Napier Avenue Campus sets on a 262-acre site that features a lake, natural area, athletic fields, nature and jogging trails, and lighted parking areas. The academic building houses classrooms, faculty and administrative offices, laboratories, lecture halls, library, gymnasium, Richard J. Pappas Student Services Center, a childcare center and computer labs. The Mendel Center for Arts and Technology is also located on the campus. It serves as a performing arts center with the 1,500-seat Mainstage Theatre and the 246-seat Hanson Theatre. The center is also home to conference and meeting facilities including the 14,400-square-foot Grand Upton Hall, the Louis and Fedrick Upton Telecommunications Center and the Advanced Technologies Training Center.
- Also located on the Napier Avenue Campus are Siena Heights University and Western Michigan University-Southwest. Each institution offers bachelor's and master's degrees in a variety of disciplines.
- The College has strong working relationships with other educational institutions including Siena Heights University and Western Michigan University-Southwest. Through these partnerships, area residents have access to bachelors, masters, and doctoral degree programs on the LMC campuses. LMC also works closely with the K-12 public, private, and charter schools to provide dual enrollment/direct credit programs, technical preparation programs, and career exploration events.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Lake Michigan College Mainstage - BLAST! Load-in
1 year ago.
Lake Michigan College Mainstage Load-in
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- United Federal Credit Union Creates $5000 Lake Michigan College Business ... - CUinsight.com (press release)
posted on May 23, 2013 at 08:28:18 pm
United Federal Credit Union Creates $5000 Lake Michigan College Business ...CUinsight.com (press release)ST. JOSEPH, MI (May 23, 2013) United Federal Credit Union (UFCU) ...
- Tim Tebow gives motivational speech in Michigan in first public appearance ... - New York Daily News
posted on May 10, 2013 at 04:53:13 pm
New York Daily NewsTim Tebow gives motivational speech in Michigan in first public appearance ...New York Daily News... his first public appearance Thursday night giving a motivational speech in Michigan. "I don't know what the future holds," Tebow told the 3,000 in attendance at Lake Michigan College, according to the ...
- Doug Ehman, City of Charlottesville - Charlottesville Tomorrow
posted on May 5, 2013 at 04:08:32 am
Doug Ehman, City of CharlottesvilleCharlottesville TomorrowI've got three: A.S. in Biology & Applied Ecology, Lake Michigan College. 1972; B.S. in ...