- Kirtland Community College serves 1,807 students (38% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body.
- Kirtland Community College is the only community colleges within Roscommon County, MI.
Kirtland Community College
Community College Avg.
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|138 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,807 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:26||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||690 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,117 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||2%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition Notes||92.00 per contact hr|
- Founded in 1966, Kirtland Community College is located in the very heart of Michigan's scenic north woods. We're a land of lakes and streams, woods and meadows. Our students come from near and far and from all walks of life. When you're on our sprawling 180-acre campus and want to head for the "Great Outdoors," you don't need to go anywhere.
- Kirtland Community College was founded in 1966. Kirtland's campus is unmatched for its natural beauty. Carved from the hardwood and pine forest of north-central lower Michigan, the winding paths and walkways of the campus provide students, staff, and visitors with a changing panorama of seasonal sights and sounds. It is a peaceful and invigorating natural setting, perfect for academic pursuits.
- Kirtland offers over 80 degree and certificate programs and six transfer degree programs including the following transfer programs: Associate in Arts, Associate in Business, Administration Associate in Computers, Associate in Criminal Justice, Associate in Fine Arts and Associate in Science.
- Kirtland competes in intercollegiate athletics as a member of the Eastern Conference of the Michigan Community College Athletic Association. The Kirtland Firebirds compete in men's and women's basketball, men's and women's golf and cross-country running.
- Kirtland Community College is accredited by the Michigan Commission on College Accreditation and the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The college also holds membership in the Michigan Community College Association and the American Association of Community Colleges.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Kirtland Community College Student Food Pantry
1 month ago
Service Learning at Kirtland Community College
4 months ago
Related School News:
- Rose City athlete taking the plunge for Special Olympics - Ogemaw County Herald
posted on December 19, 2012 at 02:05:49 pm
Ogemaw County HeraldRose City athlete taking the plunge for Special OlympicsOgemaw County HeraldCompeting helped her have the confidence and drive to attend college, too, Florian ...
- Kirtland board picks new trustee - Ogemaw County Herald
posted on December 14, 2012 at 04:18:36 am
Ogemaw County HeraldKirtland board picks new trusteeOgemaw County HeraldKirtland Community College Board of Trustees Chairwoman Mary Ann Ferrigan swears in ...
- Lauren Brown signs letter of intent to run at Kirtland - Iosco County News Herald
posted on December 5, 2012 at 10:10:58 am
Lauren Brown signs letter of intent to run at KirtlandIosco County News HeraldHale senior Lauren Brown, seen here competing at the Tawas Invitational this fall, ...