- Jackson Community College serves 7,374 students (51% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 35:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body.
- Jackson Community College is one of 2 community colleges within Jackson County, MI.
- The nearest community college is Gogebic Community College (12.9 miles away).
Jackson Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|213 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,374 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:35||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,755 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,619 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- JCC was founded as Jackson Junior College in 1928 and operated as a division of the Jackson Union School District, sharing lab and library facilities with the high school. In 1962, Jackson County voters created Jackson Community College as a distinct entity; in 1964, they passed a charter millage that still funds the College today.
- Rapid enrollment and program growth in the 1960s spurred JCC to build a new campus on its present site. Today, the College owns more than 500 acres and sits on a scenic suburban site six miles south of the city of Jackson, with extension centers in Lenawee and Hillsdale counties. An integral educational and economic force in the Jackson-Lenawee-Hillsdale communities, JCC operates on a $27 million general fund budget.
- JCC has 94 full-time faculty (90 percent have postgraduate degrees in their field). 228 full-time personnel are employed at JCC, 6% fewer than one year ago. An additional 278 people work part-time.
- JCC has enjoyed continuous accreditation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools since 1933, the first year of eligibility.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Jackson Community College vs Muskegon CC
2 years ago
Samba Danfa- Senegalese transfer student
2 years ago
2 years ago
Related School News:
- Community Colleges May Offer 4-Year Degrees - WLNS
posted on December 21, 2012 at 11:10:56 pm
Community Colleges May Offer 4-Year DegreesWLNSNow with this legislation, you have choice," said Dan Phelan, President of Jackson community College. ...
- 2-year colleges await 4-year plan - The Detroit News
posted on December 20, 2012 at 06:10:11 am
2-year colleges await 4-year planThe Detroit News"But they could stay in Jackson and work part-time and earn their bachelor's degree at Jackson ...
- Jackson Community College to host winter commencement ceremonies for ... - The Jackson Citizen Patriot - MLive.com
posted on December 11, 2012 at 11:49:41 am
The Jackson Citizen Patriot - MLive.comJackson Community College to host winter commencement ceremonies for ...The Jackson Citizen Patriot - MLive.comJACKSON, MI ? About 300 students have applied to ...