- Massachusetts Bay Community College serves 5,566 students (41% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 33:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Massachusetts Bay Community College is one of 6 community colleges within Norfolk County, MA.
- The nearest community college is Bay State College (10.0 miles away).
Massachusetts Bay Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|167 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,566 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:33||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,305 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,261 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Massachusetts Bay Community College (MassBay) is an accredited two-year public college with campuses in Wellesley and Framingham, and a Technology Center in Ashland. Earn your Associate Degree, Certificate, or choose non-credit professional and continuing education programs.
- We feature small class sizes for more personalized attention and an individualized learning environment and a dedicated team of professors focused on helping each of their students succeed and accomplish their educational goals. Many of our professors teach at other prestigious Boston-area institutions, have published works in their particular field, or have won awards for their accomplishments. Centers of Excellence that allow you to study and interact among peers with similar career goals. Resources, like part-time, evening, Saturday and online classes, to make it easier for you to fit college into your lifestyle.
- We provide quality career programs for immediate employment and programs paralleling the first two years of a Bachelor's Degree. MassBay offers a diverse course selection in the Liberal Arts, Science and Engineering, Computers, and Health Sciences programs of study.
- Student Activities are the other side of college life, the extracurricular activities outside of the classroom. In addition to attending and participating in events, you can join a club or organization that plans the events or run for an elected position and tackle some campus issues.
- Student clubs at Mass Bay include everything from Student Government, to cultural groups to honorary societies and academic groups. Taking a leadership role in any of these groups offers you the opportunity to learn many skills. You can learn how to budget money, implement and evaluate projects and programs, manage and resolve conflict, communicate publicly, develop critical thinking skills, improve interpersonal skills, develop an ability to work in groups of diverse individuals, reflect on your professional abilities, understand community responsibility and most importantly, have FUN!
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School News:
- Wayland resident profiled on PBS web series - Wicked Local
posted on December 25, 2012 at 03:42:53 am
Wayland resident profiled on PBS web seriesWicked LocalCheck out the series. WAYLAND ?. Dr. Bruce A. Jackson of Wayland, professor of biotechnology at ...
- Jill Becker of Indalo Gallery and Studio in Newton Highlands - Wicked Local
posted on December 24, 2012 at 05:48:11 pm
Jill Becker of Indalo Gallery and Studio in Newton HighlandsWicked LocalShe left to get her GED at Massachusetts Bay Community College and went on to graduate ...
- Forum on Wellesley cluster development scheduled - Wicked Local
posted on December 21, 2012 at 06:55:50 pm
Forum on Wellesley cluster development scheduledWicked LocalVery few subdivisions presently exist in Wellesley, Jop said, largely because institutions ...
1179 students | 10.0 mi. away
12000 students | 10.9 mi. away
922 students | 11.0 mi. away