- Anne Arundel Community College serves 17,665 students (33% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Anne Arundel Community College is the only community colleges within Anne Arundel County, MD.
- The nearest community college is Baltimore International College (17.3 miles away).
Anne Arundel Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|670 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||17,665 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:26||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||5,826 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||11,839 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Established in 1961, AACC is a fully accredited, public, two-year institution offering credit programs leading to an associate degree, certificate or a letter of recognition. Students may prepare for transfer to a four-year institution or for an immediate career. AACC also offers extensive lifelong learning opportunities and noncredit, continuing education to those seeking career training or retraining, working to boost basic skills or pursuing new areas of interest.
- Students enrolling in associate degree transfer or career programs, certificate career programs or participating in continuing education offerings can be assured that the college, as an accredited, public, comprehensive, open-admission institution of higher learning with affordable tuition, is, within the limits of its resources.
- The college is vigorously committed to fostering excellence of teaching and learning for students, faculty and staff; Offering credit programs and continuing education courses in a variety of formats responsive to a multiplicity of community needs; providing for learners at various preparation points, from pre-college to postgraduate, a range of integrated credentialing opportunities; providing appropriate services in support of academic success and student development; affording Anne Arundel County residents an opportunity to pursue higher education and lifelong learning and promoting county and state economic development by providing a variety of educational services and training programs to business and industry in both the private and not-for-profit sectors and to national, state and local government agencies.
- You will find new associate degree programs in information systems security, early childhood education and secondary education in chemistry, mathematics and Spanish; certificate programs in EMT-intermediate, special education support, juvenile justice and women's studies; and letters of recognition in creative writing, honors seminar and women's studies. That's just a small part of the more than 720 courses we offer.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Anne Arundel Community College EMT Training
4 months ago
Related School News:
- Anne Arundel auditor questions use of Maryland Live! money - CapitalGazette.com
posted on May 30, 2013 at 01:36:32 am
Anne Arundel auditor questions use of Maryland Live! moneyCapitalGazette.com$7 million to the Fire Department for continued staffing of the ambulance unit at the ...
- Anne Arundel Community College honors top athletes - CapitalGazette.com
posted on May 29, 2013 at 08:06:35 pm
Anne Arundel Community College honors top athletesCapitalGazette.comAnne Arundel Community College honored its top athletes at a recent Hall of Fame and Athletic Awards banquet. Voted into the AACC ...
- AACC Students Win Culinary Cup - Patch.com
posted on May 29, 2013 at 01:48:53 pm
AACC Students Win Culinary CupPatch.comA group from Anne Arundel Community College took home a top regional honor last month in a culinary competition. The ...