- Phoenix College serves 13,000 students (26% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 40:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Phoenix College is one of 34 community colleges within Maricopa County, AZ.
- The nearest community college is Anthem College-Phoenix (2.4 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|326 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||13,000 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:40||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,375 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9,625 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Phoenix College was founded in 1920 as the first two-year college in Arizona. In 1960, the college became the flagship institution in the state's new public community college system. Over the past 85 years, Phoenix College has grown and expanded its programs and services to meet the needs of the surrounding community. Today, more than 25,000 students each year prepare for university transfer, career training and advancement, and lifelong learning in our 200 degree and certificate programs. Phoenix College's student body reflects the diverse, multicultural central city community it serves.
- Phoenix College is small enough to provide students with personal attention from enrollment through graduation. But it's also large enough to offer a rich menu of social and leadership possibilities to round out the college experience. Whether they're taking one class or a full load, Phoenix College students have a full-access pass to get involved to find support in reaching their goals.
- The Computer Commons is an instructional, open-computer facility available to all currently enrolled students. The lab features Pentium computers and a variety of course-related software. Lab technicians and student assistants are available to assist students and faculty with their hardware and software questions.
- Phoenix College is one of the Maricopa Community Colleges.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Phoenix College vs Arizona Western # 2
5 months ago
Related School News:
- NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!! Lady Bengals shut out Phoenix for second crown in ... - EuniceToday.com
posted on May 30, 2013 at 03:03:05 am
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!! Lady Bengals shut out Phoenix for second crown in ...EuniceToday.comUPDATE : The LSU Eunice Lady Bengals defeated Phoenix College 8-0 Saturday ...
- Philadelphia Eagles add 9 undrafted free agents to reach 90-man roster limit - PennLive.com
posted on April 30, 2013 at 04:30:56 pm
Philadelphia Eagles add 9 undrafted free agents to reach 90-man roster limitPennLive.comRemington played for Chip Kelly for the Ducks, seeing time in 25 games after ...
- Former South Mountain High School student sweeps Phoenix College art awards - newszap.com
posted on April 19, 2013 at 05:03:33 pm
Former South Mountain High School student sweeps Phoenix College art awardsnewszap.comWorld-renowned artist and Phoenix College 1969 alumnus Eric Fischl, an American ...
1532 students | 2.4 mi. away
1670 students | 5.3 mi. away
1425 students | 5.9 mi. away
6797 students | 6.9 mi. away
21373 students | 8.4 mi. away