- Labette Community College serves 1,999 students (40% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body.
- Labette Community College is the only community colleges within Labette County, KS.
Labette Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|82 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,999 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:24||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||799 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,200 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||3%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The College has evolved from a city college primarily serving those students who wished to transfer to a four-year institution to a comprehensive community college offering transfer degrees, professional/technical degrees and certificates, continuing education, customized training for business and industry, lifelong learning opportunities, and a variety of programs and services for Southeast Kansas and the four-state region.
- The Associate in Arts (AA), Associate in Science (AS), and Associate in General Studies (AGS) degrees are designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution and pursue a baccalaureate degree. All degrees and concentrations available at LCC are described in this catalog. The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree is for students who plan to seek employment after completing an associate degree in a professional/technical area.
- Labette Community College has a tradition of bringing musical events, theatrical productions and art displays to the people of Southeast Kansas.
- Parsons Kansas was founded in 1870. Parsons is located in an area of flat plains and rolling hills in northern Labette, [LB], County. Historically, Parsons began as a railroad town and it is still a transportation hub served by the Union Pacific and highways US-59, US-400, and US-160.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Penn Valley VS Labette Community College 2012
1 month ago
Related School News:
- Like many other college wrestlers, Jones turns to mixed martial arts - The Spokesman Review
posted on January 12, 2013 at 08:05:53 am
Like many other college wrestlers, Jones turns to mixed martial artsThe Spokesman ReviewThat 2011 match pitted him against Walker Clarke of Labette Community College, who had ...
- Top-ranked Loper wrestling rallies past Ashland - Kearney Hub
posted on January 8, 2013 at 04:54:56 pm
Top-ranked Loper wrestling rallies past AshlandKearney HubAnderson, a transfer from Labette Community College, has been at 197 but has moved up to fill the ...
- The top 10 sports stories of 2012 - Pittsburg Morning Sun
posted on December 30, 2012 at 02:49:40 pm
The top 10 sports stories of 2012Pittsburg Morning SunPittsburg wrestler Aaron Seybold (now plying his trade at Labette Community College, defending national ...