- Johnson County Community College serves 20,869 students (36% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 41:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Johnson County Community College is one of 4 community colleges within Johnson County, KS.
- The nearest community college is Pinnacle Career Institute (Kansas City) (8.0 miles away).
Johnson County Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|515 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||20,869 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:41||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||7,455 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||13,414 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- With more than 34,000 students enrolled in credit and continuing education classes each semester, Johnson County Community College is the state's third largest institution of higher education and the largest of its 19 community colleges.
- JCCC offers a full range of undergraduate credit courses that form the first two years of most college curricula. The college has more than 100 transfer agreements with area colleges and universities that ensure admittance to specific programs such as business, engineering and education. JCCC students are able to begin their first two years of a four-year degree program here and complete that degree on schedule.
- JCCC's continuing education program is the largest, most comprehensive in the Kansas City area. Through the Center for Business and Technology, participants can take courses in management and computer application or seminars and workshops that lead to professional certification and licensure. Personal enrichment classes, on topics ranging from gardening to money management, are also offered, while nationally and internationally performing and visual artists appear in the performance spaces and Gallery of Art in JCCC's Carlsen Center.
- The campus, centrally located in the county on 234 acres, opened in 1972. There are 18 major buildings on campus. Currently under construction are the Regnier Center for Technology and Business and the Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Johnson County Community College
3 months ago
Related School News:
- Young debaters carry KCKCC to 10th National Phi Rho Pi title - The Kansas City Kansan
posted on May 3, 2013 at 07:56:46 pm
Young debaters carry KCKCC to 10th National Phi Rho Pi titleThe Kansas City Kansan... UMKC and Johnson County Community College,‚ÄĚ said Elliott. The Blue Devils ...
- Authors will speak at lecture series -3/26/2013, 10:13 AM - Hays Daily News
posted on March 28, 2013 at 03:30:55 pm
Authors will speak at lecture series -3/26/2013, 10:13 AMHays Daily NewsLeiker is the director of Johnson County Community College's Kansas Studies Program and ...
- Candidate questionnaire: Gerald Lee Cross Jr., Johnson County Community ... - Shawnee Dispatch
posted on March 27, 2013 at 08:50:26 pm
Candidate questionnaire: Gerald Lee Cross Jr., Johnson County Community ...Shawnee DispatchThe Dispatch sent written questionnaires to each of the six candidates running in the ...
1181 students | 8.0 mi. away
986 students | 12.3 mi. away
7566 students | 13.4 mi. away
652 students | 13.6 mi. away