- Iowa Western Community College serves 6,799 students (59% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 59:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body.
- Iowa Western Community College is one of 2 community colleges within Pottawattamie County, IA.
- The nearest community college is Metropolitan Community College Area (10.7 miles away).
Iowa Western Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|115 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,799 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:59||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,982 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,817 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Clarinda Junior College, which was established in 1923 and had a long history of providing a two-year liberal arts education in Southwest Iowa, was selected to serve as one campus, and a new campus was located in Council Bluffs. The College expanded into other parts of the district with the establishment of centers in Atlantic (Cass County Center), Harlan (Shelby County Center), and Shenandoah (Page/Fremont County Center).
- On January 23, 1967, two vocational-technical programs were started using facilities in Council Bluffs. A major development was the addition of a liberal arts curriculum at the Council Bluffs Campus in the fall of 1968. Currently the College offers 84 different vocational/technical programs and Arts and Sciences/Transfer majors. Fall 2003 enrollment was 4,205 students. In addition, there are over 42,795 enrollments in continuing education classes each year.
- Iowa Western has been a vital part of the development of southwest Iowa for the past 32 years. From providing students with the necessary resources to start on a bachelor's degree; offering services to employers to increase economic development; providing continuing education courses; and offering numerous two-year degrees in technical areas, Iowa Western continues to set the standard for colleges throughout the area.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Diversity Fair - Iowa Western Community College
10 months ago
WalkThePlank Iowa Western Community College
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Illinois football coach Tim Beckman goes juco, adds five players - Chicago Sun-Times
posted on December 20, 2012 at 02:49:26 am
SB NationIllinois football coach Tim Beckman goes juco, adds five playersChicago Sun-TimesThe other two signees are offensive players: wide receiver Martize Barr, from Washington, D.C., by way of New Mexico and Iowa Western Community College; and lineman Dallas ...
- Maryland signs two junior college players - ESPN (blog)
posted on December 19, 2012 at 10:56:32 pm
Maryland signs two junior college playersESPN (blog)The 6-foot-1, 195-pound Long spent last year at Iowa Western Community College, where he became the first player in NJCAA history to catch 100 passes in a season. He finished his sophomore ...
- Off the beaten path - ESPN
posted on December 18, 2012 at 03:18:08 pm
Off the beaten pathESPNCOUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa -- Patchy grass outside Herbert Hoover Hall on the campus of Iowa Western Community College ...
18523 students | 10.7 mi. away
931 students | 14.7 mi. away
532 students | 14.9 mi. away
104 students | 14.9 mi. away
118 students | 15.0 mi. away