- Kaplan University-Cedar Rapids Campus serves 749 students (59% of students are full-time).
- Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body.
- Kaplan University-Cedar Rapids Campus is one of 2 community colleges within Linn County, IA.
- The nearest community college is Kirkwood Community College (3.8 miles away).
Kaplan University-Cedar Rapids Campus
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|23 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||749 students||1,418 students|
|# Full-Time Students||443 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||306 students||1,508 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||738 students||1,327 students|
|# Graduate Students||11 students||35 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Hamilton College was originally established in Mason City, Iowa, in 1900 as a proprietary career college, and has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating college in the state of Iowa specializing in business education. In 1980, Hamilton opened a campus in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to allow more students to be part of the Hamilton educational experience. In 1988, the Des Moines, Iowa, campus was added to create a triad of campuses to better accommodate the entire state.
- The Cedar Falls campus was designated as the third branch campus of Hamilton College in 2000. Each campus has close ties within its community and surrounding communities, resulting in graduates placed in employment throughout the state. Quest Education Corporation purchased Hamilton College in November of 1998. Quest was purchased in July of 2000 by Kaplan, Inc. Quest and Kaplan are dedicated to continuing the same excellent education for which Hamilton College is known.
- The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.