- Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest serves 8,559 students (43% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 33:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest is one of 5 community colleges within Lake County, IN.
- The nearest community college is City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College (17.7 miles away).
Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|256 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,559 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:33||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,690 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,869 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Ivy Tech Community College has educated students in Lake, LaPorte, Porter, Pulaski, Jasper, Newton and Starke counties since 1968. It is part of the 14-region statewide Ivy Tech Community College system - the second largest and fastest growing public higher education system in Indiana.
- The Gary Campus is located in Gary, IN (Lake County). The campus houses both classes and the administrative offices for the Northwest Region. While the service area of Ivy Tech Community College Northwest also includes Porter and LaPorte counties to the east and Jasper, Newton and Starke counties to the south, the largest constituency comes from Lake County.
- Five divisions compose the College's offerings: Business, General Education, Health Science, Public Services and Technology. For students unable to attend classes on campus, the distance education program provides options for continuing or completing degrees and certificates online. The college also offers a schedule of continuing education courses. Continuing Education courses provide personal enrichment and skill upgrades on a non-credit basis.
- In addition, the Gary Campus has articulated strong course and program transfer agreements with private and state colleges in and out of the state of Indiana.
- Ivy Tech Community College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The College is a member of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, the American Association of Community Colleges.
Related School Videos:
Visit Ivy Tech Community College Northwest
3 years ago
Chorizo Contest Participants
2 years ago
Related School News:
- Other local colleges deny financial problems, point to successful strategies - nwitimes.com
posted on April 1, 2013 at 05:18:41 am
Other local colleges deny financial problems, point to successful strategiesnwitimes.comKaren Williams, Ivy Tech Community College Northwest spokeswoman, said by ...
- Nominations Start Early for Innovative NWI Teachers/Administrators! - nwitimes.com
posted on March 30, 2013 at 05:01:25 pm
Nominations Start Early for Innovative NWI Teachers/Administrators!nwitimes.comThe Newspaper in Education Department of The Times proudly joins with Ivy Tech ...
- Facts about The Society of Innovators of Northwest Indiana - nwitimes.com
posted on March 29, 2013 at 03:18:40 pm
Facts about The Society of Innovators of Northwest Indiananwitimes.com?Ivy Tech Community College Northwest is proud to have launched The Society of Innovators as ...