- Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral serves 8,149 students (35% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 37:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral is one of 3 community colleges within St Joseph County, IN.
- The nearest community college is ITT Technical Institute-South Bend (4.0 miles away).
Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|219 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,149 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:37||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,843 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,306 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Ivy Tech is a statewide open-admissions community college that has grown into the second-largest post-secondary institution in Indiana. Our programs lead to two-year associate's degrees and one-year technical certificates. With 23 campuses and low tuition, Ivy Tech is both convenient and affordable.
- One of the first regional campuses established in the young Ivy Tech system, South Bend first began offering classes in 1968 on West Sample Street in the old Studebaker plant while a nearby unused high school was enlarged and remodeled. Classes were moved to the renovated high school in 1969. A new campus opened in January 2000 at 220 Dean Johnson Blvd.
- Today, Ivy Tech's South Bend campus annually serves approximately 5,000 students. Students range in age from 16 to over 65, with a median age of around 27. Enrollment is approximately 53 percent female, and three out of four students attend part-time. Minorities account for 27 percent of the student body. The South Bend campus prides itself on providing the flexibility, support and encouragement that nontraditional students need to achieve academic and career success while balancing work, school and family responsibilities.
- Ivy Tech will continue to offer the career and technical training which we're known for, but we also offer courses and programs that transfer to four-year colleges and universities. So you can enjoy Ivy Tech's quality instruction, small classes, flexible scheduling and helpful instructors while you stay on-track for a four-year degree.
- Over 25 academic programs in six divisions: Arts and Design, Business, General Education and Support Services, Health and Human Services, Public Services, Technology. Many specialties and concentrations offered within individual programs.
- Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
570 students | 4.0 mi. away
1247 students | 4.1 mi. away
498 students | 18.7 mi. away
3262 students | 21.5 mi. away
578 students | 23.2 mi. away