- Ancilla College serves 578 students (73% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is equalto than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body.
- Ancilla College is the only community colleges within Marshall County, IN.
- The nearest community college is Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral (23.2 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|28 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||578 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:21||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||420 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||158 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Ancilla College is a two-year, liberal arts, independent community college serving the people of Northern Indiana, and is sponsored by the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ Sisters. The College's tradition is Catholic, its climate ecumenical. The campus is located 25 miles south of South Bend, IN and 90 miles southeast of Chicago. South Bend is home to many Fortune 1000 companies, one major league sports team, and many cultural attractions, including the Symphony Orchestra, the Institute of Arts, and the University of Notre Dame. Within easy driving distance from the campus are many state parks and lakes.
- Ancilla College, under the sponsorship of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ, was organized as a two-year college specializing in teacher training in l937. In 1966 the College was enlarged and its programs expanded to admit area students who were interested in pursuing higher education. At the same time the College incorporated itself as a separate entity from the religious congregation which founded it. Since 1966, Ancilla has combined various career preparation programs with its liberal arts orientation. It now serves traditional and non-traditional students primarily from a seven-county area in northern Indiana and seeks to meet needs of the community, business, and industry. As the College continues to grow, it reaches out further to provide higher education to interested persons by offering classes at off-campus locations in the surrounding areas. Ancilla is the only accredited private, nonprofit two-year college in Indiana.
- As a two-year, co-educational, liberal arts college, Ancilla College focuses on preparing you for a rewarding career in over 24 degrees and 4 certificate programs. We offer a variety of day, evening, and weekend classes to fit your busy schedule and meet your educational needs.
- Accredited byThe Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Ancilla College is incorporated in the state of Indiana and chartered to grant the Associate of Arts Degree (AA), the Associate of Science Degree (AS), the Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS), and the Associate of Science in Nursing Degree (ASN).
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Jets basketball teams win in conference play - MLive.com
posted on January 8, 2013 at 02:51:25 pm
Jets basketball teams win in conference playMLive.comJets-logo.jpg. Jackson Community College got their first conference win at Ancilla College on ...
- COLLEGE CONNECTIONS: Brown wraps up freshman campaign - MENAFN.COM
posted on December 31, 2012 at 11:07:07 pm
COLLEGE CONNECTIONS: Brown wraps up freshman campaignMENAFN.COMAncilla College freshman Jakyah Qaiyim (NorthWood) totaled five points, eight rebounds and an ...
- Triton grad Ben Montalbano signs with Ancilla basketball
posted on June 30, 2011 at 01:23:17 pm
DONALDSON — Ben Montalbano will don the blue and yellow on the court once more, but this time he’ll do so for the ...