- College of Southern Idaho serves 7,699 students (47% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 32:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body.
- College of Southern Idaho is the only community colleges within Twin Falls County, ID.
College of Southern Idaho
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|242 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,699 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:32||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,635 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,064 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The college recognizes all individuals as having value in a democratic society. The primary purpose of the college is to assist students with varying levels of ability and diverse backgrounds in developing skills, values, and attitudes necessary for effective living.
- The College of Southern Idaho is one of the fastest growing institutions of higher education in the state, having doubled its enrollment in the past eight years. Off-Campus centers at Micron in Boise and in Burley, Gooding, Jerome, and Hailey serve approximately 2500 students each semester. The advent of the telecommunications system in 1989 greatly enhanced the delivery of college-level courses to these areas. The College of Southern Idaho offers a variety of educational opportunities to the people of South Central Idaho. Eighty-five percent of the student body comes from the eight Magic Valley counties the College is charged with serving.
- CSI is recognized for outstanding faculty, facilities and our student-centered environment. In addition to our excellent programs, we offer many support services to help students succeed: study skills classes, tutoring, learning centers, advising, financial aid, and health services to name a few.
- Students can also participate in student government activities, special interest clubs, athletic teams, and fine arts productions. We take great pride in offering innovative and state-of-the-art programs while maintaining an affordable, personalized experience for our students.
- The College of Southern Idaho received its first accreditation from the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges in 1968.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Idaho: Waste Not, Want Not: Solid Waste Management and Wastewater ... - Waste Management World
posted on February 28, 2013 at 05:40:30 pm
Idaho: Waste Not, Want Not: Solid Waste Management and Wastewater ...Waste Management WorldRegistration is now open for the two-day event, for which the University of Idaho is ...
- Southern Idaho Women Clinch Scenic West Championship - Twin Falls Times-News
posted on February 24, 2013 at 06:21:57 am
Southern Idaho Women Clinch Scenic West ChampionshipTwin Falls Times-NewsTWIN FALLS ? On Wednesday, head coach Randy Rogers wondered just how good his College of ...
- Feb. 16 College of Southern Idaho Sports Roundup - Twin Falls Times-News
posted on February 17, 2013 at 05:05:54 am
Feb. 16 College of Southern Idaho Sports RoundupTwin Falls Times-News14 College of Southern Idaho women's basketball team blew a lead at the end of regulation, ...