- Northwestern Technical College serves 2,328 students.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body.
- Northwestern Technical College is the only community colleges within Walker County, GA.
- The nearest community college is Virginia College-School Of Business And Health (13.8 miles away).
Northwestern Technical College
Community College Avg.
|Title IV Eligible||YES||YES|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Public Rural-serving Medium||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 years but < 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Enrollment||2,328 students||1,418 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
- Northwestern Technical College is a higher education institution of the Georgia Department of Technical and Adult Education and the primary provider of accessible, high quality educational opportunities in Northwest Georgia. It is an integral component of a seamless educational system offering programs of study that result in the student's achievement of career and personal goals. Northwestern provides educational experiences that produce graduates noted for their excellence as employees and as lifelong learners.
- Northwestern Technical College was founded by an Act of the Georgia General Assembly in 1964. The original facility, now the 100 building on the main campus, first housed classes in the fall of 1966. Then known as the Walker County Area Vocational-Technical School, it offered diplomas in eight programs of instruction to 150 students.In the year 2000, there was another name change, this time to Northwestern Technical College. This name is intended to show not only the service area of the college, but also the growing academic opportunities available to its students. Northwestern now offers 18 degree options, along with 24 diplomas and 38 certificates of credit, to over 2,500 students.
- The Northwestern Technical College Foundation was established in 1988 to encourage private contributions in order to build and maintain outstanding academic and support programs at the college. Donations to the NTC Foundation support areas of institutional need including scholarships to deserving students, equipment purchases, materials for the library, and staff development.
- Northwestern Technical College is accredited by Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate Degree in Nursing, the Associate of Applied Technology Degree, the Diploma, and the Technical Certificate.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Governor Deal Appoints Joe Yarbrough To Technical College System Of ... - The Chattanoogan
posted on December 18, 2012 at 04:30:38 pm
The ChattanooganGovernor Deal Appoints Joe Yarbrough To Technical College System Of ...The ChattanooganJoe W. Yarbrough, Whitfield County, has been appointed by Governor Nathan ...
- Newest Georgia Northwestern Campus Hits Mileston Murray County Grad Registers As 100th Student
posted on July 29, 2011 at 05:06:51 pm
The region’s largest college officially opens its newest campus with a ribbon-cutting on Aug. 5. The ...
- Stultz new GNTC volleyball coach
posted on July 28, 2011 at 04:33:01 am
Going into the fifth season of Georgia Northwestern Technical College ...
538 students | 13.8 mi. away
5989 students | 14.0 mi. away
426 students | 14.7 mi. away
661 students | 17.1 mi. away
10275 students | 19.8 mi. away