- Valencia Community College serves 41,583 students (45% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 57:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Valencia Community College is one of 15 community colleges within Orange County, FL.
- The nearest community college is Full Sail Real World Education (6.1 miles away).
Valencia Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|728 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||41,583 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:57||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||18,752 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||22,831 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Since our founding in 1967, Valencia Community College has been "about" one thing: helping students become as successful as possible in their classes, careers and lives. And from this premise, we have grown to become a multi-campus college serving over 52,000 students a year. We've also evolved into a valuable community partner offering excellent workforce training and economic development.
- From those humble beginnings, Valencia has become an innovative leader in higher education with a national reputation for teaching excellence. With four campuses and two centers in the Orlando area, Valencia is now the third largest of Florida's 28 community colleges, teaching more than 50,000 students a year. To better meet the needs of our students, Valencia opened the East Campus in 1975, the Osceola Campus in 1997 and the Winter Park Campus in 1998. Yet we never lost sight of our original goals. Armed with practical knowledge, Valencia's faculty and staff put their energies into a "learning-centered" philosophy that emphasizes individual student success.
- In an ongoing effort to be responsive to the business community, Valencia builds relationships with high schools, universities and corporate partners to strengthen academic scholarship and economic development. Valencia has hundreds of corporate education/training partnerships, including those with Florida Hospital, Lockheed Martin, NationsBank, Sea World, SmithKline/Beecham, and Universal Studios. The National Alliance of Business named Valencia "National Community College of the Year" in 1998 for its "effective and innovative leadership" in meeting the workforce needs of business and industry. The recognition is considered one of the country's most prestigious higher education awards.
- Valencia Foundation's mission is to enhance learning, workforce training and economic development in Central Florida through the support of scholarships, teaching chairs, programs and buildings for Valencia Community College.
Related School Videos:
Valencia Community College 2011 Commencement
1 year ago.
Matador Day 2010 at Valencia Community College
2 years ago
5295 students | 6.1 mi. away
482 students | 6.3 mi. away
428 students | 6.6 mi. away
1489 students | 11.0 mi. away
21182 students | 14.9 mi. away