- Lake-Sumter Community College serves 4,929 students (33% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Lake-Sumter Community College is the only community colleges within Lake County, FL.
- The nearest community college is Golf Academy of America in Orlando (23.8 miles away).
Lake-Sumter Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|199 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,929 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:25||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,641 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,288 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The Leesburg Campus began with a 70 acre site on U.S. Highway 441, across from the Leesburg Municipal Airport and bordering on beautiful Silver Lake. With the help and assistance of leading citizens, educators, and political figures, the college rapidly expanded and outgrew this site. In 1992 neighboring property was purchased for future expansion, enlarging the campus to 114 acres.
- LSCC offers Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.), and Associate in Science (A.S.) degrees, and college credit certificate programs. Non-credit vocational supplemental courses are also offered.
- Complementing its academic offerings, LSCC features a variety of athletic, leisure time, personal enrichment and cultural entertainment programs and activities. In addition to ongoing intramural athletic activities, intercollegiate athletics were begun in the fall of 1998. LSCC participates in district and statewide competition in the following sports: women's volleyball, men's baseball, and women's softball.
- Located near the geographic center of Florida, LSCC campuses are surrounded by rolling hills, marshlands abounding with wildlife, rural pastureland, and fast-growing residential and business areas. With more than 1,400 named lakes, the Lake-Sumter area offers many outdoor recreation areas with suburban-type living.
- Among the major facilities are modern classrooms and laboratories, a library, Learning Center, the Paul P. Williams Fine Arts Complex, the Student Services Building, a student center, a Sports Complex, the Everett A. Kelly Convocation Center with a gymnasium, and the Magnolia Room banquet/conference facility. In January 2002, the new 31,800 sq. ft. Health Sciences Center opened for state-of-the-art health care programs in Nursing, Health Information Management and Dental Assisting. The facility includes classrooms, a nursing skills lab, library and offices as well as a 1500 sq. ft. fitness center, a 100 seat auditorium and a 40 seat community room.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
LSCC 13 ID Slide (2002)
5 months ago
8 months ago
Bryeona Creech #5
11 months ago
Related School News:
- Lake-Sumter becomes state college - Daily Commercial
posted on December 28, 2012 at 01:24:27 pm
Daily CommercialLake-Sumter becomes state collegeDaily CommercialSeveral focus groups -- 700 community members, 500 students and 250 employees -- first met in ...
- Leadership class experiences a day in the life of a reporter - South Lake Press
posted on December 21, 2012 at 01:28:51 pm
Leadership class experiences a day in the life of a reporterSouth Lake PressCarolyn Scott, who oversees student affairs for Lake-Sumter Community College at the South ...
- Tavares volleyball duo signs with Lake-Sumter Community College - Orlando Sentinel (blog)
posted on December 18, 2012 at 08:38:08 pm
Tavares volleyball duo signs with Lake-Sumter Community CollegeOrlando Sentinel (blog)Tavares girls volleyball players Ashton Furnas and Kelsey Showalter each signed ...