- Gulf Coast Community College serves 7,207 students (33% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 41:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Gulf Coast Community College is the only community colleges within Bay County, FL.
Gulf Coast Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|176 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,207 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:41||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,399 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,808 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Since it was established in 1957 as the first institution under Florida's new junior college system, Gulf Coast Community College has maintained a tradition of excellence in instruction and community service while bringing innovation upon innovation to Northwest Florida. Gulf County became part of the college's service district in 1966 and Franklin County was added in 1984, which further expanded the college's vision and mission. Gulf Coast Community College Foundation, Inc., has been significant in supporting the college's success and growth since it was organized in 1967.
- GCCC operates a full-time education center at Tyndall Air Force Base in the base education center. The GCCC Tyndall Center offers over 30 college courses per semester. A wide variety of degree programs are available including Associate in Arts degrees, which prepare students to transfer to four year institutions, Associate in Science degrees in occupational fields and some one year certificate programs.
- Lifelong Learning offers credit and non-credit courses and uses a variety of methods to deliver them - traditional classroom settings, teleconferences, computer assisted courses, workshops, forums and more.
- Gulf Coast's continuing workforce education courses are geared to occupational fields like nursing, dental auxiliary, respiratory therapy, radiological technology, emergency medical technology/paramedic, mental health/psychology, medical records, law enforcement, corrections, real estate, insurance, banking and finance, building construction, teaching, child care, business management, hospitality services, public services, office systems/clerical and more.
- Small Business Development Center is a non-profit community entrepreneurial program that serves pre-venture and existing small businesses. The SBDC provides consulting services, financial consultations, and various training programs designed to assist entrepreneurs in developing successful and thriving businesses. The SBDC provides its services by bringing together the expertise, programs, and resources of the college, private sector, and government at all levels. The SBDC serves Bay, Gulf, Jackson, Washington, Holmes and Calhoun counties.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
MS GULF COAST COMMUNITY COLLEGE DOGFIGHTS EDITED
1 year ago.
Memories of Gulf Coast Community College
3 years ago
MS GULF COAST COMMUNITY COLLEGE DOGFIGHTS 2011
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Mardi Gras Parade schedule - Mississippi Press (blog)
posted on January 4, 2013 at 09:21:02 pm
Mississippi Gulf Coast Mardi Gras Parade scheduleMississippi Press (blog)The parade begins at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, travels along U.S. 90 past ...
- NFL playoffs feature numerous players with Mississippi ties - Mississippi Press (blog)
posted on January 2, 2013 at 10:14:15 pm
NFL playoffs feature numerous players with Mississippi tiesMississippi Press (blog)Indianapolis Colts running back Vick Ballard (33) played Pascagoula High School, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College and ...
- GCCC now Gulf Coast State College
posted on June 4, 2011 at 05:35:59 am
PANAMA CITY - After a yearlong campaign, Gulf Coast Community College is no longer Gulf Coast Community College.Now, it's Gulf Coast ...