- Florida College serves 478 students (96% of students are full-time).
- Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body.
- Florida College is one of 8 community colleges within Hillsborough County, FL.
- The nearest community college is Fortis College (Tampa) (3.9 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|39 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||478 students||1,418 students|
|# Full-Time Students||459 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||19 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition Notes||per semester, full t|
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||450-600||410-520|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||420-570||410-530|
|ACT English (25-75%)||19-29||15-22|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||17-25||16-21|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||20-26||17-21|
- Florida College was conceived in 1942, its charter drafted in 1944, and its first students enrolled in 1946. From its beginning the College has remained independent of church affiliation and has operated without financial support either from churches or from the government.
- The campus overlooks the scenic Hillsborough River just northeast of Tampa, Florida, within the suburban community of Temple Terrace. This location provides convenient access to the Tampa International Airport and two major interstate highways (75 and 4), as well as to the cultural advantages of a major metropolis.
- In 1954 the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools granted Florida College full accreditation for the Associate of Arts degree. In 1996 the Association granted accreditation for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Biblical Studies. More recently, the College has expanded its bachelor's degree programs to include a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, a Bachelor of Arts in Music, a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and an interdisciplinary Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies.
- Florida College offers student athletes ample opportunities to shine. Men may compete on the intercollegiate level in basketball, soccer and cross country and women compete in volleyball, soccer and cross country. If you're not on a team but you still love to play, become a competitor on the intramural fields, where societies vie for victory in flag football, basketball, softball, and volleyball. Either way, Falcon spirit and Florida sun give FC students a refreshing change of pace and a healthy sense of competition.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Small College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
60 Years - Florida College
2 years ago
Right Place for You - Florida College
2 years ago
Viva la Vida cover at Florida College
3 years ago
Related School News:
- Homeless cats to get Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired digs at Florida college - Mother Nature Network (blog)
posted on February 14, 2013 at 05:31:40 pm
Mother Nature Network (blog)Homeless cats to get Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired digs at Florida collegeMother Nature Network (blog)So, the lucky jerks students, faculty and staff of Florida ...
- Big tests get little weight at Southwest Florida colleges - The News-Press
posted on February 13, 2013 at 01:26:43 pm
Big tests get little weight at Southwest Florida collegesThe News-PressIn Southwest Florida, Edison State College, Hodges University and Keiser University join a list ...
- Annual Florida College Night 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
posted on February 12, 2013 at 07:55:40 pm
Annual Florida College Night 2013Sun-SentinelThe Annual Florida College Night will be at the West Regional Library (8601 W. Broward Blvd. ...
385 students | 3.9 mi. away
7251 students | 4.2 mi. away
27955 students | 8.1 mi. away
31793 students | 22.3 mi. away
10770 students | 23.4 mi. away