- Broward College serves 40,375 students (36% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 51:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Broward College is one of 12 community colleges within Broward County, FL.
- The nearest community college is Key College (4.6 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|785 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||40,375 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:51||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||14,484 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||25,891 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Broward Community College provides higher education and technical and occupational training for the citizens of Broward County, its district by law. As the first public higher education institution in the county, Broward Community College functions as the principal provider of undergraduate higher education for the residents of Broward County: As one of the twenty eight community colleges in the Florida system, Broward Community College is designed to be a community-based institution that offers a comprehensive range of programs responsive to changes in the community and in technology. Where appropriate, these programs are articulated with the public school system, area vocational schools, and upper-level institutions to insure that students can move smoothly from one system to another.
- Through this wide variety of degree and certificate programs and continuing education courses, the College attracts a great diversity of students, including individuals planning to complete a bachelor's degree program, people seeking to acquire job-entry skills, employees desiring to upgrade skills for promotion or career change, and individuals seeking education for their personal enrichment. From high school students who enroll in a course to accelerate their college education, to retirees who return to education after decades devoted to other pursuits, a multitude of age groups is represented at Broward Community College. These culturally diverse students span the learning spectrum from developmental to gifted. The College's programs and services are designed to serve the community by meeting the higher education needs of all these individuals.
- The College has several centers and numerous off-campus facilities. The Downtown Center is the site of the College's administrative offices. The North Area Office of Business and Industry Services, on W. Commercial Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale, provides classes and counseling/advisement. Tigertail Lake, on Ravenswood Road in Fort Lauderdale, is leased from the County for various instructional and recreational purposes.
- Broward Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees. The College is also authorized by the Florida Department of Education.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
My Airwolf at Florida Broward College
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Art students eligible for scholarships - Sun-Sentinel (blog)
posted on December 24, 2012 at 08:26:25 pm
Art students eligible for scholarshipsSun-Sentinel (blog)SCOTT TRAVIS covers education for the Sun Sentinel including K-12, Florida Atlantic University, Palm ...
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, ENGLISH - Broward College - Fort Lauderdale, FL
posted on December 20, 2012 at 06:53:00 pm
in a college or post-secondary institution is preferred. Experience teaching diverse students college prep classes during their ...
- INSTRUCTOR, CARDIORESPIRATORY - Broward College - Fort Lauderdale, FL
posted on December 20, 2012 at 06:37:00 am
Open Until Filled Position Objective: Broward College invites applicants for a full time tenure track... Authority. Broward ...
107 students | 4.6 mi. away
16870 students | 4.9 mi. away
0 students | 7.6 mi. away
1668 students | 14.3 mi. away
61674 students | 23.8 mi. away