- Norwalk Community College serves 6,740 students (38% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 33:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body.
- Norwalk Community College is one of 5 community colleges within Fairfield County, CT.
- The nearest community college is Housatonic Community College (14.4 miles away).
Norwalk Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|204 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,740 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:33||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,531 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,209 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||3%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Norwalk Community College is a leader and partner in the academic, economic and cultural life of Southwest Fairfield County, providing comprehensive, accessible, innovative and affordable learning to diverse populations.
- We offer nearly a thousand credit and non-credit courses, which can be taken in pursuit of a degree, certificate or certification, or for personal and professional enrichment. The College also offers child care for infants and toddlers through its Child Development Lab School, a weekend “jump start” program for people wishing to finish their undergraduate degrees and a College for Kids program for elementary and secondary school students. Our academic programs prepare students for ready transfer to many baccalaureate institutions, and our Lifetime Learners Institute is one of the largest groups of active seniors in retirement in the country.
- As a high-technology training center and learning institution from which students can either enter the workforce or proceed to four-year colleges, NCC possesses an outstanding physical plant and modern, up-to-date facilities. We believe in providing students with hands-on experience in a variety of real-world settings, all of which have been faithfully replicated at the College. From computer labs to electrical engineering laboratories, fine arts and graphic design studios to television studios, culinary arts kitchens to hospitality suites, NCC has the latest and most modern class environments in which to learn.
- NCC has a full range of athletic facilities, including a gymnasium, a fitness center and an aerobic workout center - The Panthers' Den. With separate Men's and Women's locker rooms and shower facilities, NCC's athletic department helps students maintain their physical well-being while they develop their minds.
Related School Videos:
Norwalk Community College - Wiki Article
0 months ago
Norwalk Community College Norwalk CT
7 months ago
Getting Started in ESL at Norwalk Community College
9 months ago
Related School News:
- Marietta Ruel, 77, Norwalk Community College Teacher - The Daily Voice
posted on March 28, 2013 at 04:34:19 pm
Marietta Ruel, 77, Norwalk Community College TeacherThe Daily VoiceAfter retiring, she continued to teach German at Norwalk Community College. Ruel was a member ...
- Farm Creek Preserve seeks nature lovers/volunteers - Norwalk Citizen
posted on March 27, 2013 at 02:40:12 pm
Farm Creek Preserve seeks nature lovers/volunteersNorwalk CitizenThe Rowayton Historical Society will host Norwalk Community College Professor of Archeology ...
- NCC students unphased by tuition increase - The Hour
posted on March 27, 2013 at 12:02:20 am
NCC students unphased by tuition increaseThe HourNORWALK -- Norwalk Community College students don't share the anger their peers at the state's ...
6197 students | 14.4 mi. away
585 students | 14.6 mi. away
625 students | 17.1 mi. away
1605 students | 23.8 mi. away