- West Hills College Coalinga serves 3,265 students (44% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 60:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 72% of the student body.
- West Hills College Coalinga is one of 9 community colleges within Fresno County, CA.
West Hills College Coalinga
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|54 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,265 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:60||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,440 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,825 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- West Hills College Coalinga (WHCC) is a member of the 109-campus California community college system. Several transformations have occurred in the past 73 years as the college has transitioned from an extension center to an independent institution to one of two colleges in the West Hills Community College District (WHCCD).
- WHCC is located in southwest Fresno County on State Highways 33 and 198, approximately twelve miles west of Interstate 5, almost midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. The population for Coalinga is 11,668. The college also serves the rural communities of Huron, Mendota, Firebaugh, San Joaquin, Tranquillity, and Avenal. The college is located on a forty-acre campus, has a 137-acre campus farm, a 230-acre new farm, and one off-campus center in Firebaugh, approximately 55 miles northeast of Coalinga. The main college campus has two residence halls housing 180 students, and offers an extensive transportation system utilizing mini-vans.
- North District Center(NDC) provides student support services that relate directly to the college's mission and demonstrate the institution's commitment to providing student-centered learning opportunities for the center's diverse population. NDC provides Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSPS), Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS), College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP), and a Mini-Corps program, as well as the traditional admissions, records, counseling, advising, financial aid, learning communities, learning resources, student activities, and cultural events to assist and educate its students.
- At West Hills College Coalinga you will receive a personal education from faculty and staff who have a deep understanding of and commitment to academic excellence. We offer a strong broad-based liberal arts curriculum; a variety of occupational training programs to strengthen local, regional, and statewide economic needs; a basic skills development core which prepares students for success; and an excellent residential campus experience not found in many two-year colleges.
Related School Videos:
West Hills College Coalinga Graduation
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Where are the jobs? Clean energy jobs workshop to be held next week in Fresno - Examiner.com
posted on December 6, 2012 at 08:56:03 pm
Examiner.comWhere are the jobs? Clean energy jobs workshop to be held next week in FresnoExaminer.comKnown as the C6 Consortium, the group includes Fresno City, Porterville, ...
- Napa Valley College nine sweep West Hills in twinbill
posted on February 9, 2011 at 12:17:52 am
The Napa Valley College baseball team finished its first weekend on a good note, sweeping ...