- Berkeley City College serves 5,934 students (23% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 56:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 68% of the student body.
- Berkeley City College is one of 13 community colleges within Alameda County, CA.
- The nearest community college is College of Alameda (6.2 miles away).
Berkeley City College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|106 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,934 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:56||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,393 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,541 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Vista is a premier, diverse student-centered learning community, dedicated to academic excellence, collaboration, innovation, and transformation.
- Vista, one of California's 107 community colleges, is located at 2020 Milvia Street in downtown Berkeley, in one of the world's great education centers. It is only two blocks from the University of California at Berkeley. Model Programs in American Sign Language, biotechnology, business, computer information systems, the liberal arts and social sciences, place Vista on the cutting edge of community college education in California. Classes convene at the college's urban setting in downtown Berkeley and at the University of California.
- Vista Community College offers a wide variety of financial aid programs and services to help you meet your educational costs. The college participates in the Federal Pell Grant Program, the Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant Program (SEOG), the Federal College-Work Study Program, and the Board of Governors Waiver Program (BOGEFW).
- Vista Community College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Related School Videos:
Peralta Matters 14 : Berkeley City College
8 months ago
Ambassadors Of Berkeley City College
1 year ago.
Berkeley City College Civic Engagement Club
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Search Narrowed to Three Finalists for UAS Ketchikan Director - SitNews
posted on December 26, 2012 at 11:27:56 pm
Search Narrowed to Three Finalists for UAS Ketchikan DirectorSitNewsThey are former Western Dakota Technical Institute Vice President for Academic Affairs ...
- New Presidents at Berkeley City and Merritt Colleges - Post News Group
posted on December 22, 2012 at 01:19:52 am
Post News GroupNew Presidents at Berkeley City and Merritt CollegesPost News GroupDr. Josť M. Ortiz, Chancellor of the Peralta Community College District, has named ...
- Betty Inclan to retire as Berkeley City College president
posted on May 24, 2012 at 12:40:00 pm
Betty Inclan, Berkeley City College's president for four years, is retiring and will move back to California's Central Coast. Wise Allen, chancellor of the Peralta Community College District, which includes Berkeley City College, the College of ...
6503 students | 6.2 mi. away
7651 students | 7.8 mi. away
832 students | 10.3 mi. away
33902 students | 14.2 mi. away
14143 students | 18.2 mi. away