- Santa Monica College serves 31,103 students (35% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 49:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 62% of the student body.
- Santa Monica College is one of 60 community colleges within Los Angeles County, CA.
- The nearest community college is American Academy of Dramatic Arts-Los Angeles (9.1 miles away).
Santa Monica College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|635 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||31,103 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:49||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||10,991 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||20,112 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- To fulfill this mission, the College provides open and affordable access to excellent associate degree and occupational certificate programs. These programs prepare students for successful careers, develop college-level skills, enable transfer to universities, and foster a personal commitment to lifelong learning.
- We have an impressive academic record. We are the leader among the state's 108 community colleges in transferring students to the University of California , University of Southern California and other four-year campuses. We also pride ourselves on preparing students for careers of the 21st century – in such fields as nursing, computer applications, early childhood education, business, accounting, graphic design and other occupations.
- Set on a 38-acre main campus less than two miles from the beach, Santa Monica College has everything today's student needs to succeed – computer labs, athletic facilities, performing and visual arts spaces, and active student clubs. The SMC Library underwent a $23.6 million expansion and modernization and reopened in August 2003 as a state-of-the-art, architecturally praised facility. Our Science Complex, which opened in fall 1999, features the latest in equipment and high-tech labs. Our award-winning faculty works closely with students to ensure their success, and we have numerous student services to help students meet their goals.
- Santa Monica College – a two-year community college accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges – opened in 1929 with just 153 students. It has now grown to a thriving campus with 25,000 students and offerings in more than 80 fields of study.
Related School Videos:
Santa Monica College Darkroom
20 days ago
Harlem Shake Santa Monica College
2 months ago
The Santa Monica College Corsairs; A Football Family
2 months ago
Related School News:
- SM College Presents "Thoroughly Modern Millie" - Santa Monica Mirror
posted on May 27, 2013 at 03:50:29 pm
SM College Presents "Thoroughly Modern Millie"Santa Monica MirrorThe Santa Monica College Theatre Arts and Music departments present â€œThoroughly Modern ...
- BBB Any Line, Any Time For SMC Renewed - Santa Monica Mirror
posted on May 18, 2013 at 04:32:28 pm
BBB Any Line, Any Time For SMC RenewedSanta Monica MirrorCouncil members approved as part of its Tuesday consent calendar a renewal of the unlimited ride ...
- Suspect Arrested After Santa Monica College Placed On Lockdown
posted on May 16, 2013 at 05:06:00 pm
SANTA MONICA (CBSLA.com) -- A suspect described by police as suicidal was in custody following a threat against Santa Monica College, authorities ...
188 students | 9.1 mi. away
7628 students | 18.0 mi. away
310 students | 21.0 mi. away
21610 students | 23.3 mi. away