- Palomar College serves 26,617 students (33% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 48:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 48% of the student body.
- Palomar College is one of 22 community colleges within San Diego County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Kaplan College-Vista (2.6 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|554 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||26,617 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:48||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||8,894 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||17,723 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||3%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Palomar College is a public two-year community college. The Palomar campus is located in San Marcos, California, approximately 30 miles north of San Diego. Palomar enrolls approximately 30,000 full-time and part-time students. Residents of California are charged only $26 per unit. At Palomar, students may choose from over 300 associate degree and certificate programs, complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree, or enjoy personal enrichment classes for lifelong learning. Palomar College is one of 108 colleges in the California Community Colleges system and eight in San Diego County. Located in San Marcos, California, our 200-acre main campus is nestled at the foot of the region's rolling coastal hills and valleys in a lovely area once named Los Vallecitos de San Marcos (Little Valleys of St. Mark) by Spaniard settlers in 1797. In addition to our main campus in San Marcos, we operate an educational center in Escondido, and five smaller centers throughout north San Diego County, in Rancho Penasquitos, Fallbrook, Ramona, Pauma Valley, and Camp Pendleton. Palomar College offers more than 300 Associates Degree and certificate programs, as well as not-for-credit community development and personal enrichment classes for life-long learning. We have transfer agreements with the California State University and University of California systems, and our high-level coursework in transferable classes fully prepares our students for success at four-year colleges and universities. In fact, Palomar students who transfer perform better in their first year at a four-year college than students from other community colleges. Our five academic divisions are: Arts, Media, Business and Computer Systems; Career, Technical and Extended Education; Languages and Literature; Mathematics and The Natural and Health Sciences; and Social and Behavioral Sciences. Palomar College serves as a cultural hub of north San Diego County. Our 400-seat Howard Brubeck Theatre is the scene of highly-regarded dramatic, dance, and musical productions throughout the year. Palomar College has nearly two dozen athletic teams in about one dozen sports, including men's and women's basketball, volleyball, tennis, soccer, swimming, water polo, and cross country. Palomar College is an educational leader committed to quality learning. We provide our community the knowledge, information, skills, and aesthetic appreciation necessary to live responsibly, effectively, and creatively in an interdependent and changing world.
Related School Videos:
Palomar College Cheer 2012-2013
3 months ago
Palomar College Cheer Squad
4 months ago
RCC football beats Palomar College, 47-7
3 months ago
Palomar College LGBTQA Coming Out 102511.wmv
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Escondido students join muralist for school project - U-T San Diego
posted on April 2, 2013 at 11:08:48 pm
Escondido students join muralist for school projectU-T San DiegoESCONDIDO ? Encinitas-based artist Santos Orellana visited Mission Middle School in ...
- The Next Mission: College a tough adjustment for many military veterans - 89.3 KPCC
posted on April 1, 2013 at 01:38:13 pm
The Next Mission: College a tough adjustment for many military veterans89.3 KPCCAttending classes at Palomar College in San Marcos was different. She couldn't ...
- EVENTS NORTH - U-T San Diego
posted on March 31, 2013 at 11:11:57 am
EVENTS NORTHU-T San DiegoA Choral Dreamscape?: Choral settings of literary works by Walt Whitman, Lewis Carroll, Rudyard Kipling, William ...