- MiraCosta College serves 14,548 students (31% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 44:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body.
- MiraCosta College is one of 22 community colleges within San Diego County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Golf Academy of America in San Diego (4.7 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|327 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||14,548 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:44||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||4,496 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||10,052 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||3%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition||$20/unit CA resident|
- MiraCosta College is a public California community college serving coastal North San Diego County.
- The college was founded in 1934 as Oceanside-Carlsbad Junior College, the second community college in San Diego County. Changed name to MiraCosta College and moved to Barnard Drive location in 1964.
- Student Resources includes library and information hubs at both the Oceanside and San Elijo campuses; More than 1,000 networked computers for student use; Wellness Center at the Oceanside Campus; free tutoring in nearly every subject; more than 1,000 students participate in Service Learning projects related to class curricula; Honors Scholars Program and active national honor society.
- MiraCosta's Adult Learning Center opened in 1992 at a newly remodeled site on Horne Street. The center relocated to its current Mission Avenue location in 2000 and was renamed the Community Learning Center. Over the years the center has expanded its adult education offerings to include parenting classes, workshops for older adults, and programs for those who are physically and mentally challenged. The Cisco Academy, which offers training in computer networking, is also housed at the center. The college's Small Business Development Center is right next door.
- The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Related School Videos:
MiraCosta College Virtual Tour Bloopers
8 months ago
Diet and Obesity MiraCosta College
9 months ago
MiraCosta College Young Entrepreneurs Project
3 years ago
Related School News:
- FORUM: MiraCosta salaries defeated bond measure - North County Times
posted on December 23, 2012 at 08:16:59 am
FORUM: MiraCosta salaries defeated bond measureNorth County TimesMiraCosta College narrowly failed to sock it to the taxpayers with $1 billion (including ...
- MIRACOSTA COLLEGE STUDENTS ARE CREATING A WORLD GARDEN - U-T San Diego
posted on December 21, 2012 at 12:14:37 pm
MIRACOSTA COLLEGE STUDENTS ARE CREATING A WORLD GARDENU-T San DiegoA group of students at MiraCosta College hopes next year to turn a dirt field on the ...
- COMING OFF SOCCER TITLE, XOLOS WILL TRAIN AT PETCO PARK - U-T San Diego
posted on December 20, 2012 at 12:13:07 pm
COMING OFF SOCCER TITLE, XOLOS WILL TRAIN AT PETCO PARKU-T San DiegoGeorge Fox (7-2) beat the Point Loma Nazarene (3-5) women's basketball team 61-50 in the APU ...
260 students | 4.7 mi. away
982 students | 4.9 mi. away
26617 students | 7.4 mi. away
11271 students | 21.9 mi. away
564 students | 24.8 mi. away