- Marymount College serves 778 students (97% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 51% of the student body.
- Marymount College is one of 60 community colleges within Los Angeles County, CA.
- The nearest community college is National Polytechnic College of Science (5.2 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|55 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||778 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:14||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||758 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||20 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||5%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Marymount College is a distinctive institution: it is the only independent college in Southern California solely devoted to the liberal arts and granting an Associate in Arts and an Associate in Science degree. The College was founded in 1932, and continues to build upon its value-centered foundation within the Catholic tradition of American higher education.
- Founded in 1932 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary, Marymount College is a Catholic college that welcomes students of all faiths. It is the only private, coeducational two-year liberal arts college in California.
- In 1960, the College moved to a site on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. The new campus included dormitories for on-campus residential living, an auditorium, dining facility, a library and a chapel.
- The year 1967 found the College preparing for a merger with Loyola University of Los Angeles in Westchester. Marymount separated its two-year program, which remained on the Palos Verdes campus, from the four-year and in 1968 the four-year college moved to the Loyola campus. The Marymount two-year program remained incorporated as a separate institution and received accreditation as such in 1971. In 1973, the merger was finalized and became a new entity: Loyola Marymount University (LMU).
- The college is accreditated by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics
Related School Videos:
Basketball Harlem Shake (Marymount College)
1 month ago
Related School News:
- Margaret Mary Brodeur - Glens Falls Post-Star
posted on March 31, 2013 at 02:52:48 am
Margaret Mary BrodeurGlens Falls Post-StarShe graduated from Marymount College in 1940, with a bachelor's degree in economic studies. Margaret ...
- Governor announces nominees to Land Board, Water Commission - Hawaii 24/7 (press release)
posted on March 30, 2013 at 01:08:12 pm
Governor announces nominees to Land Board, Water CommissionHawaii 24/7 (press release)Beamer also earned an associate's degree from Marymount College and a First Nations ...
- Marymount College Gets New Name - Patch.com
posted on March 25, 2013 at 10:22:49 pm
Marymount College Gets New NamePatch.comMarymount College announced on Friday that it has renamed itself 45 years after its founding on the Palos ...
310 students | 5.2 mi. away
28 students | 11.8 mi. away
21610 students | 17.1 mi. away
8985 students | 23.3 mi. away
188 students | 24.8 mi. away