- New York College Of Health Professions serves 889 students.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- New York College Of Health Professions is one of 5 community colleges within Nassau County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Briarcliffe College (3.5 miles away).
New York College Of Health Professions
Community College Avg.
|Title IV Eligible||YES||YES|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Enrollment||889 students||1,418 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||333 students||1,327 students|
|# Graduate Students||55 students||35 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
- The school was formed in 1981 and grew quickly as the community expressed greater interest in learning about the Eastern healing arts and their integration with Western medicine. An intensive college level curriculum was developed for Massage Therapy, and was approved by the New York State Board of Education in 1981, the first in New York State. It was approved as a college degree program in 1996, the first independent degree in therapeutic bodywork in the United States.
- The Acupuncture program was approved by the New York State Board of Education in 1992, also the first such program approved in New York State, and was accredited for Bachelor/Master degree status in 1998, along with the Oriental Medicine program. These graduate degree programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM), which is the recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education for the approval of programs preparing acupuncture and Oriental medicine practitioners;ACAOM, Maryland Trade Center 3, 7501 Greenway Center Drive, Suite 760, Greenbelt, MD 20770, (301)313-0855.
- New York College of Health Professions is accredited by the New York State Board of Regents and the Commissioner of Education, a nationally recognized accrediting agency, located at 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, New York 12234, (518)474-3852.
- The College is located in an 70,000 square foot campus in Syosset, New York, and owns a 35-acre medical facility in Luo Yang, China. New York College continues to be a leader and pioneer in the field of Holistic health education and care.
- Within the facility are classrooms for all educational programs, Yoga, Qi Gong and T'ai Chi decks, the Integrative Health Center, the Academic Health Care Teaching Clinics, an herbal dispensary, the Steve Kaufman Library, a cafe, computer lab and bookstore, student study room and lounges, and executive and administrative offices.
Related School Videos:
New York College of Health Professions
11 months ago
1605 students | 3.5 mi. away
265 students | 18.1 mi. away
870 students | 19.5 mi. away
6740 students | 20.3 mi. away
625 students | 21.0 mi. away