- Heald College-Hayward serves 2,075 students (60% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 42:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Heald College-Hayward is one of 13 community colleges within Alameda County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Chabot College (0.7 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|50 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,075 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:42||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,245 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||830 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Heald is a nonprofit, regionally accredited private career college with campuses throughout the western United States in California, Oregon and Hawaii. We've been preparing students for workplace success since our establishment in 1863. Heald College started with one campus in San Francisco and we've expanded to 11 campuses across the western United States: Concord, Fresno, Hayward, Rancho Cordova, Roseville, Salinas, San Francisco, San Jose, Stockton, Honolulu and Portland.
- Since its establishment in 1967, Heald Hayward has evolved into a leading career college that offers business, technology, medical, and dental programs. As the greater Hayward area emerges as a great market for new jobs with top Bay Area employers, we continue to carry out our tradition of educating students to become uniquely qualified for rewarding careers.
- The campus covers 58,000-square-foot facility, serving the greater Hayward area. The campus has a Learning Resource Center featuring a library and a computer lab. There are 780 computers, 17 servers, and fiber-optic data communications and online database in all classrooms. You'll find free email and Internet access on campus, Medical lab with leading healthcare technology, 1,800-square-foot dental lab with digital radiography equipment, a dark room for x-ray development, and sterilization and materials labs, On-site catering truck and vending machines in large student lounge and Bookstore on campus.
- Program offered at Hayward campus includes Accounting, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Office Skills, Sales and Marketing, Software Technologies, Cisco® Systems, Microsoft® Windows® 2003, Network Security, Network Systems Administration, Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting and Medical Office Administration.
- All Heald campuses are regionally accredited through the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
14143 students | 0.7 mi. away
6503 students | 13.5 mi. away
7248 students | 15.3 mi. away
832 students | 18.1 mi. away
33902 students | 19.5 mi. away