- Kaplan University-Des Moines Campus serves 293 students (72% of students are full-time).
- Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body.
- Kaplan University-Des Moines Campus is one of 5 community colleges within Polk County, IA.
- The nearest community college is ITT Technical Institute - Clive (2.6 miles away).
Kaplan University-Des Moines Campus
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|36 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||293 students||1,418 students|
|# Full-Time Students||212 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||81 students||1,508 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||283 students||1,327 students|
|# Graduate Students||10 students||35 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Hamilton College was originally established in Mason City, Iowa, in 1900 as a proprietary career college, and has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating college in the state of Iowa specializing in business education. In 1980, Hamilton opened a campus in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to allow more students to be part of the Hamilton educational experience. In 1988, the Des Moines, Iowa, campus was added to create a triad of campuses to better accommodate the entire state.
- Hamilton College recently completed renovations on an additional 8,000 square feet of classroom and nursing lab space. The expansion brings the total campus size to just under 40,000 square feet.
- The Des Moines, Iowa, campus offers programs in Business, Legal, Information Technology and Healthcare. The 2+2 Bachelor of Science in Management Degree option is an innovative progam that combines the career-oriented focus of a two-year program with the academic curriculum of a four-year program. Hamilton College has a well-established and long-standing reputation for providing hands-on training in a student-centered learning environment. Through the 2+2 option, students receive the same advantages of a two-year program while having an opportunity to expand upon their base knowledge while working toward the Bachelor of Science in Management degree. The 2+2 Bachelor of Science in Managment degree with concentrations in Accounting, Business Administration, Criminal Justice and Management of Information Systems.
- The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
316 students | 2.6 mi. away
985 students | 9.1 mi. away
568 students | 11.1 mi. away
24658 students | 11.6 mi. away