- ITT Technical Institute-Houston North serves 1,103 students (80% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 31:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- ITT Technical Institute-Houston North is one of 24 community colleges within Harris County, TX.
- The nearest community college is The Art Institute Of Houston (17.0 miles away).
ITT Technical Institute-Houston North
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|36 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,103 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:31||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||878 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||225 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- ITT Technical Institute, Houston, is one of a network of coeducational, non-denominational private postsecondary educational institutions owned and operated by ITT Educational Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation.
- ITT Technical Institute was founded December 1, 1959 as Teletronic Technical Institute. In July 1965, the name was changed to Sams Technical Institute. International Telephone & Telegraph Corporation acquired the school in 1966. The name of the school was changed in September 1970 to ITT Technical Institute. The school moved to its present location in September 1996. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology, a bachelor of applied science degree program of study in Automated Manufacturing Technology and bachelor of science degree programs of study in Business Adminstration, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Industrial Automation Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security, Software Engineering Technology and Technical Project Management. Other branches of ITT Technical Institute are located in Norfolk, Virginia, Norwood, Massachusetts, Woburn Massachusetts, Louisville, Kentucky and Arnold, Missouri.
- ITT Technical Institute, Houston (Blue Ash), Texas ITT Technical Institute, Houston opened in December 1985 offering Electronics Engineering Technology. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology.
- The school occupies approximately 30,726 square feet which contain theory classrooms, laboratories, administrative offices, library and bookstore. The facility has parking spaces, ramped entrances and restroom facilities for disabled individuals. The facility is in compliance with federal, state and local ordinances and regulations, including those relating to safety and health.
- The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate in applied science degrees.